Call Me Stupid but............

Abbey

Spork Queen
First of all, never ask someone to call you stupid. There is probably someone out there that will take you up on that. And then you'll cry, hide in the corner for days and feel even more stupid. ;)

I haven't figured the whole thing out yet either. I know I've successfully accepted 4 friends. Does that mean that's all I got??? Just 4? The rest of you are...chop suey? (That's the best I could come up with right now.)

Oh, I love a new challenge.

Abbey

klmno

I just started on this, this morning (difficult child is sick today so I'm home). Click on your useer cp, then "customize profile" to set your page up. (I think that's what you were asking about-???)

F

flutterbee

Actually, the number in parenthesis is your age. IOW, Sara is 2,008 years old. :faint:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, apologies to anyone who has tried to "request" my friendship (as if I'm in big demand), but I just started playing with this area. klmno--OC is Orange County, in CA (California) as far as I know.....but these days initials can usually mean several different things.....
I didn't even know those social groups were started..... now looking for a shortcut thru membership lists so I can add friends? If I just click on the name and get members profile is there a shortcut to add them to my friends rather than going thru User CP everytime? Yeah, I know it's not that time consuming, but I'm getting older and every second counts........

meowbunny

I'm probably going to be unpopular saying this, but I hate "friends' groups" and the like. If you have a lot, you have special bragging rights that hurts those don't. If you don't have many, your feelings get hurt. Worse, if someone asks to be your friend that you really don't want as a friend or don't know well enough to feel comfortable calling a friend, you either have to say yes even though you don't want to or say no and risk hurting them.

I think I'll just have the policy that I'll accept any that ask, never ask anyone to be a friend and, those who are my friends already know they are and, hopefully, won't need a special invite from me to know that I truly care deeply about them. Truth be told, I care about each and every person on this Board. Some of you might irritate me or even flat out get me really mad, but I still care what happens to you and yours.

Sorry, I think this is a really, really bad idea.

F

flutterbee

MB - I've had the same thought, too. We're all friends here.

And you know I love you. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
MB

You make a point I've been thinking about. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings either. (I don't think that was the intention of the whole thing) Or make anyone uncomfortable.

So far mine is looking like my PM list. Easier to get to cuz they're all right there. lol

klmno

It is a good point, MB. I would hope the board doesn't start appearing "clique-ish" (sp) to people who are new or have been here a while. And, I would hope nothing takes away from all the different responders and point of view's posted on various threads. That is what makes this board special and gives it validaty, in my opinion. It wouldn't be the same if it ended up with only people who agree with each other communicating together.

by the way- what are the little pictures that look like price tags on the thread title?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I too had the same thought -

HOWEVER I could be happy as punch just making up color schemes all day - and I have changed mine about as many times as I've changed my avatar.

MORE COLOR!!!!!!!!!! I'm having a blast with the colors. I love you all wherever you are......AND I WILL FIND YOU!

trinityroyal

Klmno, as far as I can tell those little price-tag-thingies are keyword tags.
If you point your mouse at one, it shows a string of words that seem to relate to the thread topic.

Don't know how you're supposed to use them. My exploring has only taken me as far as "what", not "how". If I figure it out I'll post again.

Trinity

F

flutterbee

The tags are for searching. If someone does a search, threads tagged with those words will pull in.

That said, all of these threads have tags on them now and they don't really seem to fit the content of the thread....more like taking words out of the title. Has something been set up so that the tags are automatically created based on the title?

DammitJanet

Personally for me I dont see friends as being a bad thing. I see it more as an easy way of seeing your contacts from your profile page with their little avatars all shiny and pretty. The only way I can see cliques becoming a problem would be if people started social groups and made them private and by invite only.