Calling The difficult child Grandma Club........

TYLERFAN

Hi Family:

So,what are all the difficult child grand-babies up to?
Baby J took his first steps Thursday night. :bravo: :rofl:
He also has learned some of the "signs" I have been teaching him since last September :bravo: He can sign "bath", "poop" and "more" :smile:
I am one very proud Grandma!!!!! :kisses:

Blessings,
Melissa

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Wyatt will be 3 in June - time has flown, right along with my patience with another difficult child in residency LOL A very angelic looking little thing with hugh brown eyes and blondish hair with a very good pair of lungs on him he uses from the time he gets up till the time he goes to bed.

He still isn't talking clearly, but we can understand enough now to prevent some melt downs. Optimum word here is some. He is his Uncle Danny in a Size 3 pair of pants. The only one he really listens to is SO, his "poppy" who he absolutely adores.
His mom is going to have her hands full when she moves out..

Natie will be 9 at the end of this month. He is a pretty good kid till a streak of boredom sets in OR he has junk food and he then gets a major case of adhd to the max.

Marcie

DammitJanet

Keyana is 10 months old now and she refuses to crawl. She does this interesting flap and bounce thing that gives new meaning to "bouncing baby girl". She works her way across anything you put her on.

She loves nursery rhymes and her favorite is Muffin Man. She will get all excited and clap and bounce when her "Gampa" sings it for her even when he does it over the phone.

We are on the cup now. At least I have her on the cup. I keep tossing the bottles in the cabinets but the bottles keep reappearing from her other grandmas place.

She is a hefty lil thing. Wears a size 12 months now.

Babbles incessantly but isnt really putting sounds into words that make much sense yet. She does have a good game of tug of war going on with the dog with her stuffed animals and she seems to converse with him...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Darrin is 3 now. Too smart for our own good. lol We have conversations, and their pretty in depth for his age. He's begging easy child to have a baby like "his Aubrey". :rofl:

Aubrey is 11 months. And last night she suddenly got up on all 4's and crawled. (glory be!) The porpoise means of locomotion is out. She's pulling up on everything in her reach. And at times forgets she doesn't yet know how to walk and tries to take off after Darrin.
She's saying Mom, Dad, bye, dog, kitty, up, uhoh!, Nana, nose, and Hi. She points to everything and demands we give her a word for it. She'll mooch food off of anyone's plate, is now on whole milk. She's started on the cup, but since N is breaking her of the binky we're not taking away the bottle just yet.

Oh, and she's been screaming the house down the past 2 nights. N got into the habit of putting Aubrey to sleep in her bed, then transfering her to the crib as it was less fuss. (against my warnings) Now Aubrey is too mobile, so N is trying to get her to fall asleep in the crib. :rofl:

everywoman

Jr. is now 10 months old. He is crawling, standing up for a few seconds on his own, and does this weird little "trill" sound when he's moving around. He loves Baby Einstein. He can say Mama, Dada, and pup. He loves cookies, but hasn't figured out how to take small bites, so he crams the whole thing in his mouth.

Hey, can I join too? My son is engaged to a gal with a 3 yo son whom we adore. He already calls me Grammie and husband Grandpa, all on his own!

He frightens me a bit with how stinkin smart he is. And he can shoot a hoop (kid size hoop up to the highest notch) with nearly 100% accuracy!

But, he has some extreme gfgness already. I cannot leave him and Jayme together without "R" hitting her or throwing one of his Thomas the Trains at her, and of course with extreme accuracy!

He is cute as a button and when it is just he and I and "grandpa" he is very well behaved. When his mom is here, look out, those little devil horns pop up!

I do love him and can't wait till he is officially my Grandson.

Great thread, love to hear how all the really littles are doing!

Hugs,
Vickie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But, he has some extreme gfgness already. I cannot leave him and Jayme together without "R" hitting her or throwing one of his Thomas the Trains at her, and of course with extreme accuracy!
</div></div>

Vickie

Believe it or not, this behavior may just be normal toddler jealousy. I don't dare leave Darrin in the same room with Aubrey. He loves his cousin, but he just is too young to understand that a baby doesn't throw a toy at him on purpose, or take a toy away from him to make him cry. He's just not around her often enough to have this engrained yet. I had to stop him last night from throwing a ball at the baby. He was trying to be nice and play catch with her. :nonono: I don't think I ever convinced him that the baby is too little to catch a ball. lmao Also he gets a bit miffed at how much attention the baby gets. He wants to know how he got knocked out of that spot. :rofl:

wakeupcall

WooHoo....LOVE this thread! I have four grandchildren; I won't bore you about all of them. The oldest two (10F & 8M) are in gifted and talented classes....I look like a doof next to them. Our 3-year-old granddaughter broke two bones in gymnastics. She's in a cast from all over her foot to her thigh. She told a lady who asked about her leg, "I broke my TIBIA!!" Tibia? Oh noooooo, another brain child. The baby(F) is eleven months and is beginning to walk. Sooooo darling. I adore them all, but really hope my daughter is through having babies! The last baby wasn't planned, so it's a no-brainer now, I think. My next grandchild will have to be from difficult child and he's only eleven. I wonder if I'll still be alive to enjoy children he may have....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daisylover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But, he has some extreme gfgness already. I cannot leave him and Jayme together without "R" hitting her or throwing one of his Thomas the Trains at her, and of course with extreme accuracy!
</div></div>

Vickie

Believe it or not, this behavior may just be normal toddler jealousy. I don't dare leave Darrin in the same room with Aubrey. He loves his cousin, but he just is too young to understand that a baby doesn't throw a toy at him on purpose, or take a toy away from him to make him cry. He's just not around her often enough to have this engrained yet. I had to stop him last night from throwing a ball at the baby. He was trying to be nice and play catch with her. :nonono: I don't think I ever convinced him that the baby is too little to catch a ball. lmao Also he gets a bit miffed at how much attention the baby gets. He wants to know how he got knocked out of that spot. :rofl:

</div></div>
Lisa,

Jayme and "R" are the same age but Jayme outweighs him by about 15 lbs and is age 3 inches taller!! :smile:I just hope she doesn't ever realize she can beat the snot out of him anytime she wanted to by being so much bigger than he!

But I do understand they are both still "babies" and he is much more physically capable than Jayme is but they both have an understanding of what is right and what is wrong. "R" is jealous of Jayme I think, even though she was here before he was in the picture. I am just waiting for the day that they can play together, as Jayme will be his Auntie. LOL!

Thanks for the input!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

DammitJanet

Vickie...that is so funny about Jayme and R and the ages being the same but the relationship...lmao.

I got to thinking the other day about my being a grandmother and how my dad is now a great grandfather. Well my dad is remarried and his wife has three kids. Her daughter waited until late in life to have kids and of course, my dad considers those kids his grandkids too. The youngest is 6.

So my father has a 6 year old grandchild and an almost 1 year old great grandchild! And that means that he and I only have a 5 year age difference between our grandchildren...LMAO!

Talk about strange.

I also have cousins who have kids the same age as my grandchild...lmao.

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Tristen will be 3 in June, but he already wears a size 5T, and is 38" tall! :smile:

Today he wore underwear to daycare for the first time. difficult child has an early class on Mondays, so she drops him off at our house and I take him to daycare on my way to work. He couldn't wait to show "Papa" his Spiderman underwear! :thumb:

He is just so full of joy and personality. Add to that the effect his birth had on difficult child, and there is no denying what a blessing this little linebacker is. I'm such a proud Nana :cool:

Genny

Sunlight

Kaleb is three and wears a 3T perfectly. he is a dear lil guy whom I miss terribly. I have not seen him in almost a month. I love our phone conversations. sadly all he said yesterday was "daddy is going to court to come get me, I want to go to you house, Nunny".

sigh. when parents fight, three yr olds should not be told about it.

Wow, Janet, Kaleb is talking sooooo well!

Jayme is still way behind, but considering all she experienced during bio mom's pregnancy and after, it's amazing she is as bright as she is. Aly showed her the other day how to spell "cat" with the frig magnets. They went over it a few times and then later that day she spelled it on her own!!! Knows all her letters, numbers through 20, colors, shapes...you name it she can at least try to say it. What a world of difference since she started daycare and preschool. Her preschool teacher jokingly said the other day if she could get her to verbalize just a bit more, she could go into first grade at 4 yo!! LOL!! It is so wonderful to watch her grow into this little girl. (well little not being a literal word here!! LOL!!)

Hugs,
Vickie

Cass

Hey can I please join the grandma club.......
My grandson will be 2 months old on the 21st of April.He is growing so fast he was 7lbs 2 weeks ago.He loves when I hold him and talk to him he smiles and smiles and smiles :smile:..Guess theres not much else he can do right now ..oh oh he holds is head up really good to he's a strong fella. :bravo:
Im going to go see him today he changes so much everytime I see him.
Cassie
PS:Still trying to figure out how to add a photo for you guys to see.Any advice??