Callous

fedup

difficult child just called me at work. He thinks I am callous, and is making judgement using the words of girlfriend and hubby against me. I could hear girlfriend in the background. He said he "still loves me, but is very angry, and that I won't see him for a couple of days."

He claims that he now has a felony charge against him (although the sherrif's website has wiped the charges). Also, he now has to submit to a weekly sample. He believes it is all wrong because it was his own medicine, and it wasn't carelessness ( :rolleyes: ) that caused it... Color me confused.

Someone told him that I feel he deserved what he got. Well, in a way I maybe do. Obviously, he learned no lesson from this. I am glad he won't be around for a few days. Hopefully, I will be able to hold it together for Valentine's dinner tonight.

I can't change what others have said, and I can't change what I feel or what he feels. I thought I could get by without breaking down, but now that I've spoken to him, I can tell it won't happen. I am tearing up, but I don't want to give in to it.

Can I have some of you at my back, standing for me when my own family won't?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Please don't take this on as your guilt. You did absolutely nothing wrong. You didn't put the medications in his contact. You didn't tell him that you would provide proof and then let him down. You did absolutely NOTHING wrong.

I have your back, Fedup.

Hugs,
Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
I've got your back, fedup. He is simply reaping what he sowed. You have done nothing wrong here.

Try to not let this ruin your Valentine's dinner. :smile:

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm standing here too, right beside the others.

You did nothing wrong. Don't let him play the blame game with you. As long as he can find a reason to blame you for part of this, he can let himself feel less guilty.

I hope dinner goes well.

(((hugs)))

Jen

Again, remeber the blame game makes them feel better, take no ownership, adn ultimatley make you feel responsible. Dont give him that.

Jen

AliceLee

Fedup, you have my support. You didn't make the error in judgment...he did! I guess he wants you to agree with him about how unfair it is, and fall into that "oh, my poor son..." roll. Try not to let him push your buttons.

fedup

Thanks to all who stood by for me last night. If interested, you can read the tahnk you post to get the next installment.