Camp ripoff

TerryJ2

What a ripoff! My son's camp is closed Fri-Mon, and we don't drop him off until Tues. at 5 p.m. Camp used to be 7 days a wk. Now it's 4 days. Grrr. :rollingpin:

susiestar

Roll With It
I thought only daycamps were closed on the weekend. DO you have to pay for a full week? What are they doing to make up for not being open on the fourth?

TerryJ2

We dropped him off yesterday at 5:30 p.m. I think he's going to do very well. (Even though they don't let the kids keep their cell phones. ;) )
It was actually sad, walking away ... amazing. To miss him that quickly, I mean.
We pick him up Saturday morning. He will have had archery and riflerly lessons by then ... hmm. :)

TerryJ2

ROFL! I suspect he isn't doing either one. It is, as usual, thundering, lightning, and pouring rain. He's an hr away but in the same weather pattern.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Bummer on the weather and on the short week! I know what you mean about missing them so quickly especially with all the grief they give out but husband and I are both the same with difficult child.

M

ML

They probably still charge you for a full week. Well enjoy your break, shorter though it is!

TerryJ2

I'd love to enjoy it but the roof is leaking and I'm waiting for a handyman and roofer. (Yes, the same kitchen roof. :( )
Yesterday I had a mtng with-P's dir of nursing and dietary supervisor. The fun never ends.

And no, it's not scouting camp. It's something I found online that has horses, archery, etc. husband likes it because it's Christian based and they have group sing-ins and rallies. I'm not religious but it is well organized and the counselors are enthusiastic.