Can anyone help?????

what2do

I recently found out that my daughter is experimenting with drugs not sure how long this has been going on but I need to find out what MOLLY is and why she would have Seroquel 100 I am assuming she stole this medication as she has not been diagnosed with Schizophrenia any help would be greatly appreciated:sad-very:

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Just wanted to say Welcome! I don't know what Molly is but I'm sure others will be here soon with better answers. Why she would have Seoquel is also a mystery to me, and she may not have stolen it but one of her friends simply gave it to her? You should get to the bottom of that & make all reports necessary to your school/police. Serious business messing with prescription & illegal drugs. Take a stand now, don't wait.

Peace

gottaloveem

How old is your daughter?
I am not sure of what seroquel does, I assume she is getting high off of it.
Can you share more about her? I think we can help more if we know more about her.

meowbunny

Doesn't sound good, but it is a form of ecstasy.

I'm sorry you're going through this. The only thing worse than a child on drugs is a child who has died, in my opinion. HUGS

what2do

Sorry new to all this not sure how to navigate thru this site haven't really had time to look at it that closely . My Daughter is 20 unemployed and living at home I did google it(Molly) but I thought maybe some had encountered this before was why I asked . I confronted her about the Seroquel and she said she was holding it for a friend but as much as she has lied to me here lately not sure that I believe her . Seroquel is actually for Schizophrenia was why I asked about it didn't think you could actually get Highe from it

gottaloveem

Given the fact that she is 20, there isn't much you can force her to do. How deep is her drug involvement? You mentioned she is unemployed, do you think this is a result from drugs? Is the rest of her life OK? Is she respectful and helpful around the house? Is she in school?

Why would she hold on to it for a friend? Are you sure it is Seroquel? I doubt she is holding it for a friend, that is one of the oldest excuses in the book. Not sure why she would lie about it.

If she is heavily involved in drugs, mostly all we can do is make their life very uncomfortable until they decide that they need to change. If you are giving her money stop, don't take here anywhere except school and/or work. If she is just starting drugs,or even if she has been on them for awhile, now is the time to get tough.

I just read the article meowbunny provided, MOLLY sounds like a very dangerous drug. Did you find this on her? Or did she make mention of it?

I'm sorry that you are facing this.

Hopefully you can find some answers here.

susiestar

Roll With It
Many of the difficult children on the board take seroquel. It is used to cope with bipolar mania as well as shizophrenia. It is also used to calm a person who has rages. One psychiatrist (psychiatrist) suggested it for my difficult child, but we were already using a different medication for the rages.

I do not know what feelings she would get from seroquel, but it is a heavy-duty medication, not one commonly used for getting high.

Molly sounds scary.

You need to do whatever you can to separate her from these "friends" and the drugs. Holding it for a friend is the oldest parent con in the world, I think some of my parents friends even used it.

HUgs,

Susie

BusynMember

My guess, from having a drug addict daughter once, is that the Seroquel bottle is filled with something different from Seroquel, which is NOT an abused substance. It doesn't have any street value.
Why is your daughter at home while using drugs? Do you plan on making her get a job or go to school and go into rehab or at least attend N/A? Ecstasy is serious. My daughter took that and everything else under the sun. Chances are your daughter has been using drugs for a long time. It's unusual to start at twenty. What has your life with her been like? Do you want to change it?
There is nothing you can do to stop her drug use, but you certainly don't have to let her use drugs on your dime and in your house. She could die using drugs...something I used to worry about all the time with my daughter. We finally made her leave. She straightened her act out. Not saying this would work for your daughter, but it did for mine. (((Hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
I did a google search for "Molly" and the chemical compounds of Seroquel. I also googled Abuse of Seroquel and as I suspected, it's being crushed and snorted.

The reportstates that if people in jail are "jonesing" for it - then there is more than a likely chance that it is already a problem on the street. So my thought is if she's holding it for someone? And she's caught with it - she's going to jail for having a prescription not registered to her. If it IS hers and she's snorting Seroquel there are NO studies or information at this time about the long term effects. My thought (laughing) is tell her it makes your boobs smaller, your butt bigger, and makes your eyes droop one at a time. It does give hallucinations much like LSD according to what I have read. So that may be the hook.

As far as getting her into rehab? At 20 you can't make her go, but you can enforce the fact that you won't tolerate that behavior in your house and explain to her when she is clear and sober that if you even suspect she's high; her bags will be packed. No need to yell, accuse or argue- just state your facts and let it alone.

Hugs
Star

what2do

this is gonna be a long one because I need to reply to a few people so hopefully everyone reads this. This is in response to gotta lovems post: No she is not in school. As far as her drug involvement is concerned I am not sure she told me that she started smoking weed after her father died of lung cancer in Aug. of this year I knew she drank alcohol occasionally but I wasn't to worried about that at the time .As far as being unemployed ..... I didn't think it was the reason but...... She was living in Brunswick with her Aunt for a few months and then her uncle died and her work fired her because she took off . but then told her she could have her job back but she decided to come home instead There has been four deaths on her fathers side from Aug to Dec. so I know that is hard on her .
I did quit giving her money but I do buy her cigarettes occasionally
Midwestmom::: no it is definitely seroquel the bottle doesn't have a label I looked at the tablet itself .
She isn't at home doing drugs at least she says she isn't and I hadn't found any evidence that she was till I went thru her purse.
As far as finding out about the Molly I had went to bed and she was on the phone with a friend and I was eaves dropping and she told her friend that I didn't know that the day before I picked her up she used it I didn't hear what she said so when she got off the phone I came out and confronted her about it.thats when she told me.
STAR:
I hate to sound Naive' but I have never dealt with any of this before what exactly is jonesing?The seroquel is not hers . she has never been diagnosed for anything maybe she should be? Although with her being 20 she is off my insurance . Thank you for the giggle its been 2 weeks since I've smiled although she would love her breast to be smaller and her rear bigger
so I guess I better leave that out
Thanks !!!!
what2do

gottaloveem

Wow, she sure has been through a lot with all of the deaths, including that of her own father. Is she or will she consider grief therapy?

If you overheard her admitting taking molly, that is cause for concern. Usually the drug involvement is deeper than they will admit to, and deeper than you want to believe. She could be turning to drugs to help her cope.

ck1

Hi...wanted to say welcome and sorry that you're going through this.

I don't have a lot of been there done that experience but I wanted to agree with Star that seroquil does have street value and is definitely an abused drug. My son takes seroquil (prescribed) and when he was in the detention center they made him take it crushed up so that it couldn't be cheeked and given to other residents.

I think the only thing you can do is not enable her...you've gotten great advice. I know it sounds harsh but it's the best thing you can do for her if you're stance is "not in my house, not on my watch" then follow through...no drugs!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jonesing is slang for craving - like me - I'm on Weight Watchers and I'm jonesing for chocolate.:redface:

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry about all the deaths in the family. This has to be very hard for all of you. It is NOT an excuse for doing drugs though.

If she is jonesing, she is more involved than you think.

By "in your home" I think what is meant is while she is living at home, not necessarily actually doing them while in your house. It generally is advised to make the drug abuser leave so that he/she is forced to be self-supporting. Any support means more $$ for drugs, or for alcohol if the abuser's drug of choice is alcohol. IF you decide to give her $$, for any reason, gift cards make it harder for her to buy drugs instead of whatever the $$ is for. Even better is to buy the item yourself and give her the item instead of $$ or gift cards.

When you make her leave, change all the locks and keep the house locked whether you are home or not. Also keep the car if she has one you are paying for, or is in your name. If you must, take out the alternator, battery and other parts, and throw them away far from home. Or keep them locked in a safe or other place, so she CAN'T use the car. If her car is in her name but you are paying for it, STOP. It will make her life a bit more difficult. And will make using drugs a bit more difficult.

It really hurts when you ask your child to leave, but it is the only thing left, esp if she isn't willing to do rehab. (if she IS willing, and you are able, then rehab is worth a try - it may save her life IF she is willing to stop using drugs. If you can't finance rehab, check with the local dept of human services, or the doctor's office for places to get help with this.)

I am sorry you are having to cope with this.

Hugs,

Susie

BusynMember

It's amazing what kids will cut and snort. My daughter did that with ADHD medications. I had no idea anyone would want to abuse Seroquel. Maybe they snort it with something else. My daughter used to use stims alone or with cocaine. So sad ;/