Can I trust her when she says she wants to change?

SadFlower

Hi,

It's a been a pretty busy time here... 19 years old creep showed up again and daughter cried and said that "he's the only one who likes me". :(
Trouble has also start with my other daughter (not adopted).
I'm really tired.

New Leaf

Oh SF, I am so sorry. Is the TRO not working?
Good Lord your other girl is acting out also? That is too, too much. I am so sorry to read this.
I was thinking maybe things were going well for you.
Post when you can. You must be exhausted and emotionally drained.

Please take care.
(((Hugs)))
leafy

SadFlower

Thank you, New Leaf.... the resource officer is on it. I just hope it'll work out, somehow. :(

Daughter #2 (older than the daughter I wrote about here) seems to be developing an eating disorder. Dinners have become quite a struggle here. A therapist recommended the family-focused Maudley method, but there is no therapist who specializes in that in our area. If the therapist I've found won't help, I might have to send her to a residential facility and I do not have the money for that. I am absolutely drained.

New Leaf

Oh SF I am so sorry. Sigh. Are you able to take some time for yourself to rebuild and breathe? I do hope so.
Know that we are here for you, you are not alone. It can get very frustrating dealing with two children having troubles. I know the heartache.
Please take care, prayers for you and your girls.
((((Hugs))))
leafy

Nancy

Dear SF, I am sorry you are seeing problems in your older daughter also. How old is she? In my experience the ages 13-22 were the worst. I hope things start to improve for you.

SadFlower

Sorry I wasn't able to post for some time... things were pretty hectic here. Some updates.

J's spent an evening at a police station after getting picked up for alcohol and drug possession. She also got angrier for some reason. It's like a rollercoaster, back and forth, back and forth... S's still restricting her calorie intake, despite me taking away her TV, computer, and art classes. Both girls started therapy last week.
What are the signs that we're near the end? Is there anything, anything at all that I can do here? I feel like I'm working, I'm trying, I'm wracking my brains here, but I just don't know what else to do, how to pull out of this situation.

New Leaf

Oh SF, you are doing everything possible that you can as a good Mom could.....It is work, and a lot of time.
Are you able to get help for you? A person can only take so much.....dealing with all of this is exhausting for sure. Having a go-to professional helped me tremendously to keep my head out of the troubled waters, you know?

Sending you support in spirit and prayer and big cyber (((HUGS)))
leafy