Can we talk BBQ?

DDD

Alot of people like mango...but...I know at least a dozen people who are allergic to them. My sister's mouth and face would begn to swell if she even touched a mango and then touched her face with-o washing her hands. by the way, my eldest sister had to lychee trees in her yard and regularly sold them to asian restaurants. I've never tasted one and guess I never well, lol. DDD

Marguerite

You might know lychees as litchee nuts. Or litchees. They are an Asian fruit, very pleasant. The outer skin is a sort of rubbery thin thing with rubbery bristles. Peeled, they are like large grapes but with a fruit salad/pineapple flavour. They have a large smooth seed in the centre but when you buy them tinned, the skin and seed is removed. Tinned, they are a great addition to a fruit salad. Wonderful with ice cream.

There is a related fruit called rambutan. On our honeymoon in Malaysia, husband & I bought bunches of fresh rambutan from a roadside stall and we were peeling them and eating them, spitting seeds and skins out the window into the Malayan jungle... We can now buy these fruit fresh in Australia, back in the 70s & 80s they were only available tinned.

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Clearly, I don't grocery shop in the right place.

Actually... I have lychee trees on my FarmVille farm! But... That's what I know.

Hmm.