Can we talk LOGICALLY about men?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Perhaps your community action could help you out or point you in the right direction?? Ours will not just do AC, but will do small repairs and a few other things that honestly I wouldn't not think they'd do.

AAAHHHH!!! It's like they're babies and you have to remind them what to say to a someone. Even when you're PAYING someone to help you! And...you know, they don't want the repairperson to work too hard, now. And they FORGET important things that you have REPEATED and said, "THIS IS IMPORTANT, PLEASE REMEMBER, GOT IT". Oh yes, They nod and say they definately won't forget......Then ooops, they forget. My friend needed Crystal Light drink mix from Sam's Club, her husband was in Sam's and he couldn't find it,he called her, she said, "It's next to the Gatorade". HER husband BOUGHT HER A CASE OF GATORADE! She never drank Gatorade in her life. She returned it the next day and get herself the Crystal Light.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We had dinner with a friend last night. Wee has been super hyper, and husband...well, has been husband and I'm saying nothing more.
My friend saw my frustration with Wee and said 'kid for sale cheap?' and I said 'yeah. No. Two kids for sale, cheap. And I'm keeping Cgfg.'

Do you have Menard's around there? They sell used appliances they take in when they deliver new ones with a 30 day warranty and for around $50.

DDD

Have you checked the classified ads? Sorry you're Habitat etc doesn't deliver. I thought they all did. Anyway, since you are not a wimp (in my next life I AM going to be one, by the way) do you have a day labor business. We have one next door to our store that we refer to as "Rent A Drunk". A few of the men who hang around outside looking for work are actually easy child's with alcohol problems and eager to earn ten or twenty bucks for an hour or two hard labor. The store manager here directs people or "suggests" certain workers who are nice guys. Fingers crossed. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I suggest "rent a wreck" to DF and he scoffed and said
YOU AND I CAN GET THAT THROUGH THE DOOR..........and I am SO INFURIATED with his lack of accepting his limitations I may just kick his Eskimo pie before we get a fridge so I can bring it in myself, and NOT have to listen to him cry for three days about how bad his back hurts and how much he wished he had listened to me. OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRSHCK. I need a mouth guard now or I'm going to grit my teeth down to dust.

THanks D3 - you can lead a horse to water it takes a stronger person than me to hold his head under until he submits.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Rent a Drunk - BWAHAHAHAHAHA

(Ps - I used a hubby for a day service when I moved after having knee surgery. Sounds like a similar service. I will never move myself again.)

DammitJanet

I can never send Tony to the store to get even a few items without him forgetting at least one of them. Even if its only two items...he forgets one of them. And he has a cell phone to call home and check!

DDD

I can't participate in the forgetfulness line as husband will be 79 in a couple of months. It wouldn't be fair.

BUT "logic" that's on the table. A year ago husband decided that the lawn service cost too much money, did a lousy job and he could use the exercise pushing a mower. WTH! The first time he brought it up I said "remember that we have been married almost thirty five years and you have never enjoyed mowing the lawn". He smiled. A few days later he is looking through Consumer Reports which happens to have, darn it, an article on lawn mowers. After watching him make notes and study the report I said "husband I know this sounds like a good idea to you right now but please rethink this idea. You and I work six and a half days a week...neither one of us has much energy leftover." That week he purchased a lawn mower!

A year later as of this exact moment our yard is the ugliest around. We don't have a "lawn"...we have an unkept "yard". Once again I will have to get little difficult child to come over and mow. husband has mowed twice in a little over twelve months! "Logic" is a missing gene. And last Sunday he actually said to me "why don't we go over to the Coast for a few days?" HUH? Business is awful. I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul. Close the store and go on a vacation? OMG. I'm afraid aging is making it worse. DDD

DDD

You may be absolutely right, lol. They don't have criminal histories. That's more accurate. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Every time I see the title of this thread I think to myself, "No such animal" and smile.

Especially with all the **** going on with H and his dad passing away...he tells me to make the travel arrangements and it's not what he thought it would be. Tells me to rent a car, then after I do it, he cancels it. Tells me that I am confused....argh....bite tongue, fasten lips shut....argh....man drives me insane.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well our saga ends ladies........I bought a dragon, a castle.....ROFLOL.......

Okay so after a lot of (and please forgive my whining) but trying to take a disabled person in and out and in and out and in and out of an older suv and into a store all day? Well let's see (thumbing through my brain for polite verbage because he would have rather jumped into a volcano with a marshmallow suit on) It was a blessing to have him along! Yessssss ~~~~~~~~~~~:-< That's what it was.....A blessing. So many stores, so many non-salesmen. They all take a look at one old crippled man and his lovely assitant and immediately decided NOT to waste their "up" on us. Good choice too - someday when I hit the lottery? I swear I'm going to be the eccentric old cootie bird woman and dress in burlap, smell like cat pee and walk around buying thousands of dollars worth of things to donate to charity by the one person who actually treats everyone equal and will enjoy the commission. Yeah.

Anyway we left store #12 and decided to check the paper ONE.MORE.TIME. Both of us had scoured it, there wasn't anything left. Then DF said "Hey, hows this sound?" I said "Well before you say anything just so you know? I'm not defeated? Im praying." So he waitied, read the ad, and I said 'Are you kidding? It's perfect, call them." So he did. They called back like 5 minutes later, gave great directions and we went."

Okay now keep in mind - the refridgerators and freezers we've looked at new or used were so reddddddddickulous even the used ones we saw were nasty and going for 400- 500.00. We did find one for $250.00 and a few on Craigslist but they were a joke..."Well were askin' $500, it's 8 years old, it needs yadda yadda, but that should not be a problem to fix" kinda things. ALL day LONG.....and the only scratch and dent fridge I did find was $790 - and the sides were black, the door was stainless, and the top had been drilled and Frankenstein monstered together - when I mentioned that to the manager he scoffed and said that shouldn't make a difference on how it works. Um....yeah - it's got doors that don't belong....how does that NOT matter to you for *800.00 - he offerend to take off $75.00 (graciously he knew - what a deal)

So the lady calls back...she sounded nice, from Illinois. Had bought a house 3 years ago, but had her own stuff, and didn't need the fridge. Put it in the garage and used it for extra things. It was in nice shape, had been serviced once for a broken flipper. Isn't huge, not tiny, side by side, black. Ice and water work. Is plugged in, they had it in the garage..we can see it running and in use. $200.00 - and here's the kicker that got me...she wasn't an overtly pushy person but she said "can I ask you something you may think odd?" We said sure. She said "Well my son said I was putting too low a price on this fridge, and I told him that I couldn't get it out of my head that God told me to put it in the paper for $200.00 - are you Christian?" We said "Yes we are." She said well then I guess that's my answer because we thought for $200 it would have SOLD like WHAM! the day the paper came out and we have not gotten ONE single call....not one. We even checked the paper today to make sure the ad was in there. lol.

So we told them that we had scoured the paper and didn't see their ad, until today. How odd it was that we both looked over the paper and then after nearly givin up - we see it as our last stop. THEN ....and this is what is really weird....Her husband comes out and we're all talking and he says "Do you have a way to get it home?" (now WHY would he ask that?) we said We were going to call Lowes and rent a truck for $19.00 had seen that while we were there and they had that lift gate on the back. The man said "Oh no I don't think so - I have a truck - where do you live? I'll deliver it for you. (blink blink blink) ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? The wife said OKay I know exactly where you live - I was a census taker. What time - how about 9:00 AM.....? We said fine and then offered THEM the $20 for delivering and the man I doubt will take it.

HOW WERID AND WONDERFUL IS THAT???? Talk about the power of this board again? I always say my prayers and I'm so thankful for everyone here -----I really am....you have no idea how much I appreciate everyone but tonight like everynight when I counted my blessings? I said an extra thanks for everyone here. Even the logical ones.

Cause getting it out of the house? Well that was fun too-----but it's out.....and I think when we move? HUGE YARD SALE......and everything must go......I think I'll go live in a tent. with my dogs. and the cat. not kidding. If it doesn't fit in a car? It's getting sold....I'm too old for this moving stuff that weighs 14 tons.

I just thought I'd share that because well - tis very very strange and all the other fridges? Most were already sold......lol....OH and as if that weren't enough? The stupid place where the fridge was for 12 years? across from the back door and caused MAJOR problems in and out? Is now being moved and my rattan cook book shelf and dog biscuit shelf - fits in that hole perfect...what luck!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:happyguy:

Star, I swear... This is NOT a coincidence. This? This is karma, your payment for being such a great person.

Not perfect, great!

InsaneCdn

OK, so I'm from another planet. REALLY.

The title of this thread is "Can we talk logically about men?"

The subject is... refrigerators.

Huh?? I don't quite get the logic.
And I'm not even a man.

Now, my man is so logical that... there's no way I'm allowed to get a ceramic-top stove (they break down too much... get a coil-top), or an ice-making fridge (that's just asking for trouble)... or (fill in the blanks). He's just so dol-gone logical that, generally speaking, we don't end up in these kinds of corners. But he does listen to logic too - on the odd day when I can actaully present it as "logic". Like, wanting a double-oven stove... what would you want that for? Well... it means I can have the turkey going in the big one, and still make pie at the same time... (SOLD!) As long as it isn't a self-cleaning oven, that is...

Star* - really happy for you that it all worked out... 'cause its a really bad time of year to not have a fridge! (here in the winter, you could always stick a box out the window, and be pretty close to safe... things on the outside edge might freeze, though)