Can you beleive this??

Sara PA

Did you ask how badly behaved the teacher has to be before she gets sent home?

She's a bully....a mean girl all grown up with power.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Amazing.

Not sure what to tell you for this year, except possibly to pull him out of school and home school the remainder of the year??? There's surely something that can be put in place to not jeopardize the whole year over the last 18 days...

KTMom91

Adding my two cents...if the principal was no help, keep going. Superintendent, county Board of Education, State Board of Education...and keep making noise. If no one wants to listen to you, seems to me that your local news media might find this story very interesting. Just a guess, but I'm sure this isn't the first time this teacher has behaved this way. This may be the first time she's been called on it, though. Make noise, get noticed, and ask for what you want.

susiestar

Roll With It
Principal does not want to get into it iwth the teacher, problem feels it is easier to shush YOU and kick you child out htan to do the right thing. may even have told teacher to do this with your child. You can bet that your child is NOT the only one that this has been done to.

MAKE NOISE. Take it to the school superintendent, to the school board, to the county level, to the state level. Contact your state legislature and your federal legislature. This violates so very many LAWS, and is totally abusive.

I would ALSO contact the media, and keep contacting them. Show them the papers you have copies of.

It is time to take a stand for your difficult child.

I am so sorry the principal is as stupid and mean as the teacher.

any principal who showed me something like that would be sorry. The entire school would, because I WOULD have a lawyer and WOULD sue. (But my school district KNOWS this, has already entered an agreement for me NOT to sue them.)

Hugs,

Susie

babybear

A group of middle school kids did the same thing here a few years ago. They sent around a notebook to other students to fill out what they didn't like about another student. They were expelled and there was talk of charging them with a hate crime.
But it's ok for a teacher to do this:holymoly:

&

"B"

Does anyone out there hav or know where I can find a write up or law stated that this is a offense/crime?? would love to show that to the principal. He told me that if he had one tiny tiny problem with my difficult child after the EOG (end of grade testing) that he was going to send him home permanently~"He had spent enough indv. time on my son this year". My difficult child doesn't hurt anyone but himself(doesn't do work defiant mouthy)but nothing so bad that they should treat him like he is a criminal. They act they are doing me a favor by allowing him to stay in school. Its sooo frustrating:mad: Thanks for all the help! I just got the notes on Friday~Talked to princpal Monday(boy he sure keeps telling me) "well I guess I shouldnt have given you those letters~thought it might would help you wen yall took him to Dr." But he still defends her. :devil2:

Sara PA

Laws that cover things like this, if they exist, would be on the state or local level so no one can help you there.

However, if the child was covered by an IEP or if the school had reason to know the child should have been covered by an IEP, IDEA would kick in and the federal regulations would cover it. Sending him home for the remainder of the year would be a change of placement. Changes of placement cannot occur without IEP meetings and agreement by the parents. (Conflicts between parents and school districts about placement are settled in due process hearings.)

Let me just add that I hope you are addressing this as the teacher being an unprofessional, immature bully and not as your son being victimized. This really isn't about your son's behavior but about the teacher's. Don't allow the discussion to be about how it hurt your son, keep the focus on the teacher's behavior. No matter what your son did during the year, it doesn't excuse what the teacher did. And whether your child was hurt in any way by what happened or not, the teacher's conduct was flat out wrong.

FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) alone if not being an adult and a decent human being should have been enough to for the teacher to know she was way out of line. I thought at first when the principal defended the teacher that he was just covering their collective behinds but when you said he idicated he thought he was being helpful by giving you those papers......well.....he's an idiot, too.