Can You Stand ONE MORE thread about the house/mortgage

DDD

Today we are submitting a revised offer. I've lowered the offer. The offer is all cash, "as is", close before December 15th. This is the very best we can do and somehow I am more at peace knowing that it is our best. It will use ALL his back pay in a single swoop. It will use ALL his income up to 12/15. And, bless her heart, my #1 easy child from Atlanta has offered a private mortgage for ten years at 8% to cover the difference.

IF it is accepted he and his girlfriend will have to save up and pay for some repairs that are needed BUT not necessarily ASAP. Seriously in our last converation before trying this last effort I reminded them that I didn't have an air conditioned-heated home until I was almost twenty. We survived our whole childhood with fans during Florida summers and sweaters and blankets in the winter. LOL...time to MAN UP for them.

I'm oddly optimistic. We "may" know tomorrow or it "may" be Monday. Either way..it's almost over! Fingers crossed that I've made the right decision on his behalf. DDD

buddy

More MN juju ...what a great plan. I bought my house years ago by offering a discount for my daycare clients if they paid three to six months ahead. It got better the more they paid. It absolutely worked. easy child 1 is a doll. I too grew up with no a.c. we had heat though ....MN and all, lol. We had 4 kids and one bath in a 1.5 bedroom house. Much later dad added a room and bath downstairs. But I didn't think it was hard. It's what we knew.

DDD

True, Buddy. My Mother grew up in a household of eleven with one bathroom...and her family was one of the most successful in their small Wisconsin town. It was what it was, lol. Somehow with all those people (eight kids and three adults) the bathroom was always "company ready". Amazing. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Adding in my prayers, crossed body parts..................do you think the nekked chicken dance would be overkill?? Naw, it's warm out.........I'll just tell the officer it's Halloween for Pete's sake!

We had 7 sharing one small bath, living in what was really a 2 bedroom very small house. (when I was little I thought it was huge lol ) Three girls in one big bed, two boys in the other (on the unheated front porch sort of converted to a "bedroom"). ONE box fan in summer and never ever in a window..........my mom is paranoid remember?..........heat never got above 62 degrees, Never, no matter how cold it got.

My kids, although they were cramped up too, were "spoiled" by comparison.

DDD

Honestly I have a stomach that is tossing and turning. After the final inspections were done I had to reduce the offer which was already low. I'm not one to "luck out" by nature and your support may help me survive until the Gov't dude or dudette decides whether to sell to a young disabled adult or auction it off to the competitive investor bid guys. Sigh.
Thanks for the ongoing support. Yeah, I know lol, I have been VERY CD family needy lately. That's life. DDD

klmno

Keeping fingers crossed for you and him!

I don't know anything about disability so I assume you've checked and made sure that if all his check has to go for paying for this the next 3 years, meaning he'll need help for "regular" bills and food, that the financial help won't cause his check to be reduced- that would be my only fear.

DammitJanet

Im praying for you. And an AC is an excellent present for the kids...lol. I have given Cory one once and I have found a couple of them on freecycle for him so he has about 3 small window units he carts around in case the places he ends up need ac.

DDD

Thanks for the thoughts and feedback. Klmno I must have worded it incorrectly. He has a lump sum payment owed to him and all of the backpay would have to go for the house plus two months of his disability income. Once in the house he would have the PITI for the private mortgage and should get by for normal expenses. there would not be buffer funds and, sigh, I worry that he'll be impulsive etc.

Janet the house has CAH that needs to be completely replaced...ducts, handler and all. That will likely be four or five grand but Florida winters are bearable so that can be delayed to spring or summer. The house is really big so it won't be cheap to cool or heat. on the other hand it last sold for over twice what we're trying to pull off....unless the Country goes into a full depression, it will be a great way to protect himself from dire straights in the future. You can own a mansion and own a BMW but...you can not accumulate one cent over two thousand with-o notifying the SS office. Weird. Really what that means in this case is that this is his one and only chance to buy a house that is of value.

Anyway...I'll let you guys know. I appreciate the support. DDD

P

PatriotsGirl

Oh I sooooo hope you get it!!!! Sending every positive vibe I can muster!!