Can't Believe This!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Is it really a stick, or are those deformed wing feathers jutting out ('cuz I've seen something like this before)?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's a stick. They though it might be feathers........but saw it really was a stick when it came close to eat the bread.

Poor thing. :(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I wonder if it was an arrow... no way that could have happened all by itself. Poor thing is right!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Naw...no arrow. Just some flight feathers that need to go away. They will in time. Actually, she looks like she's taking a bath. They feather out during that time.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Naw...no arrow. Just some flight feathers that need to go away. They will in time. Actually, she looks like she's taking a bath. They feather out during that time.

Would it be like that out of the water, too Abbey? Nichole said she looked like that when they went to feed her.

Hmmmm. Let me go to my photo program and see if I can tell if I blow it up some more. I didn't see her in person............

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well darn. Blowing it up didn't help much. Might be feathers..........I can't be sure one way or the other.......

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, if they are losing flight feathers they look a bit awkward until they fall out. I know if one of my birds are losing one I want to just pluck that darn thing out but I risk a good biting in the process. I just wait it out and one day I'll see the feathers on the floor of their cage. BIG ones.

I always thought of it like a hang nail. It's annoying...you pick (they pluck) until it's finally gone. It might take a week or so.

The other issue is it might be a stick that is just trapped under it's wings. There is no way it would be piercing it's body and still swimming around. If that is the case, he'll shake it off eventually.

Abbey