Can't Shake The Dread

klmno

Lisa, I just wanted to send hugs and support. I can't imagine how hard this must be but this news seems to offer some good news and hope, along with more waiting. Please keep us posted...

TerryJ2

Arrrrgh! I hate waiting! You poor thing.
But hey, "weird" dr's appts are better than "terrible."
Hugs.
And get some sleep. That's an order!

TerryJ2

Lisa,
I found this online and I know you're very well-read on this subject, but reading it educated me and made me feel better. difficult child's disease is complex and mimics all sorts of things. My wild guess is that you're just seeing another manifestation of weird symptoms.
Also, chemo may be used with-both PCV and leukemia. Have you spoken to the dr about that?
Right now I think you've been given a wonderful reprieve and should use your time to sleep, breathe, and go get a massage.
Sending healing, relaxing vibes throuigh the DSL ...

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/3/prweb747114.htm

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Terry I'm also hoping this is just another weird variation to the PV and nothing more. The oncologist is testing him for the JAK2 gene when he comes back in 2 wks. She's not mentioned much in the way of treatment except the phlebotomy right now. I didn't know about the chemotherapy, but had seen the medications they use.

That article was good, and I'm always looking for new stuff on PV. Research makes me feel like I'm doing something. I found one by accident that talked about PV newborns. Now I wonder if this has been the reason for all his problems right from the start. But although I found the articles about PV newborns, they tend to leave you hanging about the childhood years ect, so who knows? I'm still trying to learn more about that.

easy child wants a 2nd opinion. I told her I'm going to wait and see what 2 wks brings to make that decision. That's the trouble with small town docs. There are those that are darn good and here because they enjoy small town life. But the majority seem to be those who couldn't cut it at a major hospital. So I've learned to be wary. I'd have felt better if she'd done more blood tests yesterday. I have a strong feeling she didn't because Travis is self-pay.

Hugs

Lisa,

Thanks for the update. I've been praying for Travis. While waiting must be so difficult and frustrating for you, at least the doctor's visit sounded hopeful. I'm not going to tell you not to worry for two weeks because I know, if I were even in a remotely similar situation, I wouldn't be able to keep myself from worrying.

However, try to keep yourself busy. I've found that keeping busy in difficult, stressful situations is sometimes the best thing I can do for myself. If you can, try to get some exercise by walking. Hopefully, the weather will be nice. And, I'm sure your dogs will appreciate the walks as well!!!

As always, I'm keeping Travis, you, and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers... WFEN

busywend

'Sounds' like your bad feeling is lessening - hope I am right. I feel a bit lighter having read your update. I feel more positive now.

Waiting it difficult. I do hope you take some time for yourself.

Get started on that SSI - that will keep you busy!

susiestar

Roll With It
Lisa,

I am so sorry. I know that confusing is better than terrible when it comes to doctor appts. But honestly, there still seems to be so very much to handle.

I am worried you will end up very ill yourself. PLEASE take time to feel your feelings, not stuff them down. Do whatever you can to take care of yourself.

As always, you may have to be a Warrior Mom to get whatever testing Travis needs. Please let me know if there is researching or anything else that can be done to help.

You are always in my prayers, and I am here for you whenever you need me. If you want to talk, I will PM my phone # and can call you at your convenience. I can easily afford the minutes/bill.

Sending many hugs,

Susie