Can't sleep. Tomorrow or Tuesday could be THE day...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
that husband gets laid off work. Middle management is slated for tomorrow -- and although technically husband is a manager, he doesn't have anyone reporting to him right now, so he's not sure which group he would fall in.

I've done pretty well to not dwell on any of this up until tonight. The next two days are going to be nerve-wracking, to say the least. It's like waiting for a tornado to hit, but realizing there's a chance it will totally skip your town. :anxious:

Where's my crystal ball? :future:

wakeupcall

We may be in the same boat. There are undercurrents at the office and much secrecy. Makes one want to tread very carefully, doesn't it? I work parttime, that doesn't help with insurance. husband's health hasn't been very good and he's 59 this month. Now how could he find another job? How will we keep difficult child in medications? How will I keep my sanity???

You are not alone in your trepidation......

Wiped Out

Staff member
Gvcmom-Prayers going up that husband's job is safe!

Wakeupcall-Saying prayers for your husband's job as well.

The economy is so scary these days. Hugs to you both.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sending good thoughts.
Everyone seems to be on pins and needles with the worry for their job or the economy.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Tough, tough, times. I've found that when someone quits a job around here, they are just not refilling it. Hence, the ongoing saga of not having a job. Or insurance. Yuck.

Fingers crossed for husband.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks, everyone. husband is taking the stress of this fairly well (so far). He just left for work whistling Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" --
(Don't worry
'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing
gonna be alright...). :D

I hope I don't get a phone call from him today! :surprise:

Last edited:

DDD

What a pleasant picture came into my head as you described your husband leaving for working. Positive thoughts can't hurt a thing. Fingers crossed for all who are in that same position. DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
AAAAAARRRGH!!!!

husband just replied to my query if any heads went rolling past his cubicle yet...

Nothing happening today - some Sr. Mgrs are going around to tell people it's not today - so [managers] will be tomorrow and others Wed or later :(

I hate this friggin suspense.... :mad:

Lothlorien

Some companies are really brutal when they let people go. They go to lunch and come back to security locking them out and whatnot. Make sure to tell him to remove anything that belongs to him, especially sentimental stuff like pictures and stuff, from his area so they don't get lost or broken when security packs them up.....just in case. Not that it's going to happen, because it's not, because you have all this board juju going his way.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Not that it's going to happen, because it's not, because you have all this board juju going his way.

Dang straight! :D

Actually, they've been very diplomatic about how they conduct the whole process... except for making people think it's one day and then postponing it!

They call you in to meet with your manager and then you are asked when you would like to collect your belongings (either right after the meeting or at a later time of your choosing). It's not hostile at all. But it doesn't lessen the anguish for me any. :sick:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ugh, I am sorry you are doing the waiting game and stressing.
We have been hanging on by a thread each month also.
We are going month by month, wondering is it next month that the company will shut it's doors?
I just try to not let the panic set in.
We truly have no idea?
It makes me sick to even think about, so I can't too much.

Just the loss of our health insurance... too much.

I am sending out the my best wishes to all of you struggling and either out of jobs or waiting...