Captain Morgan is HOME!

susiestar

Roll With It
I woke up this morning about 5 with the urge to go sit where we have seen Captain. I took food and read out loud to him for about half an hour. I left the food when it got too cold to sit there any longer. I didn't see him but I could feel him. Cannot explain it better than that.

Tonight I have a migraine and asked husband not to cook. He and J went to get burgers and when they came into our lot they saw him. J ran home for treats and husband ended up getting him cornered under a truck right across the lot from our apartment.

I went out and helped J get him. She scooted all the way under a pickup, thankfully one with super high wheels. She got close enough to grab him by the scruff and hand him to me. I held him until husband could get him. husband is still the only one who can really carry him with-o having his scruff, but that has always been the case. Capn doesn't like anyone else holding him and walking but his Daddy.

He spent about five min meowing at us, but is settled down being petted and cleaned up and brushed. He apparently likes baby wipes now, lol. He is FILTHY. He is also about the size of a normal cat, weight wise. So for him, very skinny. But that is okay.

We will get him to the vet next week, but for now, he is HOME!!!!!!!!!!

witzend

Great news! Do you suppose that he had been tempted by someone putting out food?

I woke up this morning about 5 with the urge to go sit where we have seen Captain. I took food and read out loud to him for about half an hour. I left the food when it got too cold to sit there any longer. I didn't see him but I could feel him. Cannot explain it better than that.

Tonight I have a migraine and asked husband not to cook. He and J went to get burgers and when they came into our lot they saw him. J ran home for treats and husband ended up getting him cornered under a truck right across the lot from our apartment.

I went out and helped J get him. She scooted all the way under a pickup, thankfully one with super high wheels. She got close enough to grab him by the scruff and hand him to me. I held him until husband could get him. husband is still the only one who can really carry him with-o having his scruff, but that has always been the case. Capn doesn't like anyone else holding him and walking but his Daddy.

He spent about five min meowing at us, but is settled down being petted and cleaned up and brushed. He apparently likes baby wipes now, lol. He is FILTHY. He is also about the size of a normal cat, weight wise. So for him, very skinny. But that is okay.

We will get him to the vet next week, but for now, he is HOME!!!!!!!!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Whoo-hoo!

Do get him tested for FIV and Feline Leukemia as he may have been exposed during his adventures. FIV is unlikely unless he has any bite wounds. FeLV, however can be spread by exchange of body fluids such as grooming.

susiestar

Roll With It
No apparent bite wounds thankfully. Vet will see him this week. I kept putting out food in the place we had seen him, and spent time in that area.

He sure is talkative now. Hasn't stopped meowing in a 'chatty' way since we got him inside. He won't let husband out of his site and the meows get a bit frantic if J leaves the room. Not so much for me though lol.

He has LOVED being wiped with baby wipes, lol. Used to HATE it, now is purring and pawed at the bag when J stopped at one point. I guess that dirt tastes bad, lol.

TerryJ2

WOO HOO!!!!
So happy for you all!
What a relief.
And he was meowing and enjoying the brushing? I will never figure out cats. :)
:victorious::sunny:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
WOO HOO!!!!
So happy for you all!
What a relief.
And he was meowing and enjoying the brushing? I will never figure out cats. :)
:victorious::sunny:
Terry, Thomas loves to be brushed and combed. Squeaky doesn't like being brushed or combed, but loves being gone over with the Furminator (device designed to remove loose undercoat), Thomas, who could use being Furminated a lot more than Squeaky could, hates the thing.

susiestar

Roll With It
Capn ADORES being brushed and always has. If he feels he hasn't been brushed enough, he will go and meow by his brush or if he can get to ANY brush he will rub against it over and over until we notice and brush him. husband once refused to brush him because husband was being a PITA. Capn barfed in his shoes. Yes, it was on purpose. I warned him. Capn had been asking and asking and husband was the one Capn wanted to brush him. But husband blew him off for a couple of days. Capn even led husband over to husband's shoes and then barfed in them. I thought it was HILARIOUS but husband didn't. At least Capn told him about it and didn't let him find out by sticking his toes in.

Capn is chatty. Siamese cats generally are quite talkative. He has just now stopped meowing for more than about 60 seconds since we got him back inside.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
:pet:Oh that is wonderful news!! I am so happy you found him and got the little stinker home. If only he could talk, I can only imagine the adventures he has had.
Thanks for letting us know the good news.