Card list for 2008

Star*

call 911........call 911
IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE WORDS CHRISTMAS or CARD - CLOSE THIS POST NOW.

It's about that time of year again.....and we had SUCH an awesome year last year because of starting early.

This year there are a few guidelines that are going to be enforced. This is (I think) our 6 or 7th year and we've never had a problem. In keeping in that tradition - here's the outlines.

You must be a "regular" board member or an "old" member. If you have less than 6 months posting on the board, please accept our appreciation and come back to next years listing. I had a few newbies last year and without knowing you? I was apprehensive to give out anyone's information.

Second - if you think you may be able to budget for this - fine, get on the list, but know this - ONCE the list is finalized? That is it. Here's why -

I gather all the BOARD names, and addresses each year.
I destroy the list from year to year (I keep it on a floppy disk that is locked up)

You can use your Board name, or your real name or specify both. I like to put who you are on the board because it's what we really know you by.

As requests to get on the list come in? I give updates to how many people there are so you can plan on postage and cards. It can get a little spendy. You will have until the week before Thanksgiving to remove yourself if you think it's too much. Once I mail the list I can't take you off. So you decide. No pressure. No worries.

Once the list is printed, I send out the first cards the week of Thanksgiving WITH the list of all the names enclosed. This gives us ALL plenty of time to get cards done, stamped and in the postal box to arrive by Christmas.

Last year I got a bunch of cards after Christmas but gotta tell ya - I loved them all. Even got one in January one year. I save them all! Love them.

I started this years ago because I was in a new home and got one card that year. Christmas cards were ALWAYS taped to the back of our front door and such a HUGE part of our holiday celebrations. I had become depressed and found out I wasn't alone. Thus the CD Board Christmas card List was born, and the 2nd year it was just a WOW! To date Janet has been the only member to survive every mailing...I hope you are able to join this year.

As a bonus - IF YOU CAN'T print all the addresses due to health issues - let me know when you PM me your addy and I will print lables for you of all those sending cards.

I'm just getting a feel for this - before the year gets too far, with the financial situation in the world - I wanted to let you budget for this or decide....

The list looks like this

Star Born
100 Anywhere St.
ANywhere, ST 33333
aka Star*
or

C/o Star
100 Anywhere St.
Anywhere, ST 33333

Trying to be ahead of thsi for once.....and checking my notes from last year I said 2nd week of Oct. to get an idea /reminder.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie I'd love to, but the money isn't there. Makes me feel bad. But not much I can do about it. I've got a new back gate to build, buy Rowdy a new kennel and have sister in law roof the thing. :( I don't even want to think about the other things I've got to do just before winter hits.

So know you'll all be in my heart this season.

Hugs

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Me toooo! I will PM you my new ZONEY info, but why is it still in the 90's here? How am I supposed to get into any Fall let alone Holiday spirit?
Looks like I am gonna have to string up one of them Saguaro's! But I am enjoying all of the little burros and donkeys out in these parts!!! husband still wont let me get one! :(

F

flutterbee

It was such a joy to get the mail last year. I'm taped them up on my cupboards and took a picture so I'd have it to remember. It brought me so much pleasure. Funny how something as small as a card can do that. I'm looking forward to it again. I'll find the money if I have to scrape coins out of the couch cushions. :D

I do have a jar of change on my counter and probably several dollars in both my and devon's car together. :D

trinityroyal

Sign me up! I'll find a way to manage this year too.
Heather, I'm with you...the cards brought me such joy last year, which was such a hard time otherwise.

Thanks Starbie!

Trinity

DammitJanet

And Im in again. I will PM you.....

Star...remember the time you asked if there was anyone who might like to receive a card because they were away? If you say we can do that again, Jamie will be stationed by then and I will have his address by then.

everywoman

I don't know Abbey--Are you regular? Is your diet balanced? Need more roughage?
Sorry, I'm in a good mood tonight and the quips keep coming!
I'll go to my corner now.

This was such fun last year! Janet, the kids I work in the Before and After school program LOVE making cards, and they write the most heartfelt things in them. I know they would love to make cards for Jamie.-Alyssa

Star*

call 911........call 911
For those of you who are new -

We always mail cards to ONE person who otherwise will not get cards. This year I think we'll make it TWO.

So this year Janet I would LOVE to send a card to a Marine - and since he happens to be YOUR marine? Even more special. AND

I have someone in mind already who needs some cheer. So if you're game we can send one to somewhere else and 2 to Janet - 1 for her and 1 for c/o A MARINE THAT GIVES US THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

And the cards? You can do POST cards - if you are short on funds, make them, rubber stamp them......DRAW them (hint hint)

Whatever you send (even a hoofprint on a card from a donkey) would be wonderful!

And random deb - ROFLMBO at EW (Snort)

nvts

Hey Star (and company). I'd love to participate, but considering they'll be planning the c-section for mid January, I have no idea what kind of condition I'll be in at that point! I wouldn't want to feel like I blew anyone off (albeit unintentionally!) because I was too round to rebound!

As the OB keeps reminding me "you're 44 now - you've got to take it a little easy" (I still want to hit him in the head with a brick!).

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
So whot yer sayin super squirrel is that you ARE listening and taking it easy?

OH JOY !!!!!! A greater Christmas gift never was!

LAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH angels are singing.........:surprise: (they look like that with wings)

Her birthday is.........January 17

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm in. I sent you a pm.

And to squirrel lady - I won't be offended if I send you a card and you don't send me one. I vote you're given "in if you can" status.

'Chelle

Been such a busy summer I have barely posted but have tried to read and keep up with everyone --- so I'm feeling old and lately I've been very irregular (just talked to the doctor about that :tongue:) but I would love to send cards again this year. easy child just loved seeing them come in, she would always want to be the one to open them and asked every time "where is that one from".

OH and I'm with Shari. Nvts I'd still love to send you a card with the complete understanding that I would not expect one in return. I was one of the high-risk pregnancy in my 40's people so I understand where you're at completely.

DammitJanet

Hey...squirrel lady...plan that c section for my birthday...pretty pretty please! January 17th is such a good day!!!! I will take that over a card....lol..