Care to play Doctor?? NOT "that" kinda Doctor! LOL

DDD

First and foremost...I do have an appointment the first of next week with the Physician I trust the most. Guess the answers will come there.

on the other hand, I've been looking at WebMD etc. trying to figure out my new symptom. It's not telling me much, lol. Ready? This past week I get tingling in my extremities. Not numbness, per se, but tingling. It originated in one arm. Later I felt it briefly in one leg. Later yet (spread over a week) in the other hand etc. I do not have other symptoms that would indicate stroke. Weird. Ideas? I've been healthy as an aging horse so I'm not used to any signs of anything medically wrong. DDD

klmno

I'd think maybe a pinched nerve but not sure since there is a spreading involved. Just to make sure it's not a blood clot, going to the dr asap is a good idea- I know you said you are going. If you find this getting worse, you might consider a trip to the er.

Disclaimer: That opinion is with no benefit of medical experience whatsoever so certainly, listen to others here with nursing/medication experience if they chime in.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Also, no medical degree here but I'd say if it becomes real bothersome or gets worse, try to get in to see your doctor sooner! Sending healing thoughts - hope it's nothing.

DammitJanet

When you say tingling, do you mean the sort of pins and needles feeling you can get if your hand falls asleep? Even if it slightly less severe than that and is not caused by you completely pinching your arm or hand or foot under you, you can cause that sort of pins and needles feeling by having neuropathy starting. I get the tingling in my feet and it is caused by neuropathy. Im not diabetic but you can still have it without being diabetic. It can also be in other areas. I can have areas like my upper right thigh that go numb for no apparent reason and it tingles when it starts to become un-numb. I dont know what the word is for not being numb...lol.

Now if this isnt what you are feeling...I got nothing. LOL

M

Mamaof5

One of three things:

1. Female symptoms of cardiac issues (heart attack)
2. Pinched nerve (look up Brachial Plexus nerve bundle)
3. MS

A list of possibles depending on environment:

1. Anxiety and stress
2. Lyme Disease
3. Ulner Nerve compression

My best bet, Brachial Plexus Bundle injury but hard to guess with only one symptom described. The Brachial runs from the base of the skull to between the shoulder blades (the bundle) and over the shoulders, down the back, down the front. It's the big bundle that connects everything else to each other. It can cause a plethora of issues from shoulder pain, tingling in extremities, numbness, leg pain and tingling...

DDD

No pain. No diabetes. Lots of stress and anxiety, of course. No injury. Interesting. Thanks. DDD

InsaneCdn

Not as likely to be MS... they "used to" say it was only diagnosed before 40, they are not so set on that but it typically doesn't start up ad DDD's age...!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Make sure to get your heart checked out.

Could possibly be PAD- peripheral artery disease......if fingers and toes aren't getting adequate blood supply, they'll tingle, burn ect. Do they feel cold to the touch or do your have a tendency to have very cold hands and feet? Any swelling or discoloration?

Doesn't hurt to ask and given age, it wouldn't be shocking. But if you've got it, it's good to have it diagnosed so they can watch and treat it.

Otherwise, with no diabetes, going to say nerve related. But if you've not had nerve issues before, is somewhat unlikely they're going to pop up out of the blue.

Glad you're going for a check up.

SRL

Too much caffiene makes me tingly. So does too long of time in between trips to the chiropractor.

DDD

I think I'll bet on PAD. I don't get my physical exercise, I've been smoking again now for two years and the low carb diet probably is bad news for the arteries. There is no doubt that the MD is going to check out my heart etc. but the intermittent tingling/numbness has me stumped. Here's hoping it is something simple. I am not the type to be a good patient. Heaven help them if they want to do any claustrophobic tests, lol. I'm sure the constant stress has to be having a result on my physical health...to say nothing of my mental health. Thanks, all. DDD