Casey Anthony bombshell, innocent after all?

H

HaoZi

My point was more that I have known teen boys that were taken advantage of or pressed into things by older women that they didn't really want and weren't ready for, even as teens. Because of social standards, those boys don't speak out and nothing happens to the women that did it.

klmno

Then we're saying the same thing. Even if a 14yo boy said he "wanted it to happen" with a 30+ yo teacher or other woman, makes no difference to me.

On the other side of that is what happens in court when a female does something wrong or what happens in a workplace when people are applying for jobs. Things are still not equal and it's gender based more than anything these days.

Steely

Steely- the police believed the family when they reported Caylee as missing- did you hear the 911 call from Cindy? Why on earth would police hear that and assume that there would be anything in Cindy & George's home pointing to an accidental death? Casey hadn't been staying there for 31 days already so they wouldn't have had reason to search that home for signs of homocide.

Well that is my point exactly. If they investigated the case as an accident, than all of the potential homicide evidence was lost in the beginning - which is why it was hard to convict her of murder. The police, in my opinion, should always investigate a missing person with homicide detectives as well as missing person detectives - because really - how many 2 year olds go "missing" that are not the result of foul play.

BusynMember

People assume pretty white woman (emphasis on pretty) are not capable of murder unless they are caught in the act. The fact that Scott Peterson had the same type of circumstantial evidence as Casey's case is indicative of this. The defense attorney could have said, "There was NO proof Scott killed Lacy. Amber was lying. It's obvious that Amber, the jealous girlfriend, killed Lacy."

But it wouldn't have worked because Scott is the man and Amber is the woman. Any defense attorney can turn the truth around in a circumstantial case. Yet the man still has a fair chance of being convicted and a pretty white woman probably will go free. I still believe if Casey was black or hispanic she also would have been convicted. I have minority children and racism isn't dead by a long shot. And, of course, it IS true that gender is a factor in certain crimes. I think, for the most part, the justice system is harder on men than women and harder on blacks than whites. I'm very unhappy with our jury system. Let's face it...the most educated people don't want to waste time on a long murder case. What's left is not our best and brightest.

I was appalled at how unintelligent the jury sounded. They didn't seem to understand the forensics science or Judge Perry's instruction about circumstantial evidence. Oh, well. I love true crime and there's an intriguing and bonechilling crime in California. Millionaire's son was killed allegedly after he fell down the stairs (hmmmmmmmmmm) and his girlfriend was found hung two days later, hands and feet bound together. I'm keeping an eye on this crime now, wondering what is really going on.

susiestar

Roll With It
I can see how it could easily be true for a search for chloroform, murder, etc... would be on someone's history. Heck, the very week that they were first talkign about the searches in court, my browsing history would have shown defenestration. I heard it as a way to kill people on an episode of CSI. I had no idea what it meant so I googled it. I have also googled all sorts of things just by being caught in info overload - you see something, search, that leads to something else, etc....

This would have had NO impact on my decision. For me the plain truth is that you don't put the body of someone you love in a plastic bag, suitcase, tote, trunk, etc..... Dr G testified that research shows that the ONLY time you find a child in a container like that is if someone killed them. Well, or you are my Aunt H and when you got your husband's ashes from the funeral home you took them out of the container and put them in a neatly labeled ziplock bag in the filing cabinet in your basement - filed under his name, of course. (No, I am NOT joking. The entire family thought it was a joke but she took me down to see them once. This little old lady did NOT play jokes, much less ones that would be, in her mind, disrespectful to her husband's remains! (yes, you can laugh insanely now. She was an incredible tightwad and the container he was in was too pretty to store ashes in. So she put flowers in it and gave it to her nephew (other side of the family) and his wife as a housewarming.

But that was AFTER the funeral, etc....

Bodies just are not found in bags or containers like that unless it is murder. That and her behavior alone are what convinces me that she is guilty. The tattoo that was gotten shortly after Caylee went missing that was a "memorial" to the baby, and never asking about her, only being concerned when SHE was the topic of conversation in a good way are what convinced me.

keista

Well, or you are my Aunt H and when you got your husband's ashes from the funeral home you took them out of the container and put them in a neatly labeled ziplock bag in the filing cabinet in your basement - filed under his name, of course.

OMG!! Thanks. I needed a good laugh.

KTMom91

While there may have been no proof Scott Peterson killed Laci, it was proven that he had gone to the marina where Laci's body was eventually found. That case provoked a great deal of interest around here...Amber's home town...

witzend

Saw this on something like change.org
[h=4]OVERVIEW[/h]There should be a new law created called Caylee's Law that will make it a felony for a parent or guardian to not notify law enforcement of a child going missing within 24 hours
Let's keep another case like Caylee Anthony out of the courts. Contact your State Senators and Representatives.

Caylee's law won't help anyone. As it stands now, if you kill your kid and don't report it, you're guilty of a felony. If you lose your kid and don't report it you're guilty of criminal child neglect.

If this law passes and your difficult child runs away to Grandma's house or Dad's house or worse yet to some interfering git you'll be guilty of a felony if you don't report it in 24 hours. What happens when they lie to you about where they're going and you don't figure it out for two days that they ran away? Then someone your difficult child trusted gets them in trouble or worse yet harms or kills them. You're guilty of a felony for not reporting them missing, but interfering git gets away with a misdemeanor for lying to the police or gets away with murder because the prosecutor is an idiot.

It's a useless law and a waste of time. It takes everyone's anger at Casey Anthony and makes legislators look like heroes of the hour for passing a law that doesn't need to be passed because there are already laws in place to punish bad parents (if you can prove they're bad and charge them with the right crime) and it's not going to stop bad parents from being bad.

DDD

Good intentions don't necessarily translate into good laws. As others have said there are problems with the implementation of the proposed law. What I haven't read yet, but surely comes to my mind, is how much of an added strain would be placed on law enforcement. Those in real jeopardy could easily be lost in a wave over mandatory reporting for kids not in danger. Plus, I think, the law could easily be misused by those seeking retribution against others. DDD

DammitJanet

Steely...the lead investigator almost got chewed out for contemplating the idea that missing persons cases were theoretically dealt with like pre-homicide cases. He made some remark like that to someone and he almost lost his job.

Obviously once they got the chance to talk to Casey for any length of time, the investigators had a very good feeling that they were dealing with a homicide but they also felt it happened at least a month before. They got the car into the police impound. The house would have nil for forensics because everyone lived there. You would never find anything in a pool to prove or disprove drowning. I think they did everything they could forensically. We really dont have tv csi teams.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
The timing of the "Casey Anthony is Innocent!" bombshell is too suspicious to be a true thing...

It's media spin....news hype designed to counteract a very real problem...

Casey Anthony was released into society in the midst of huge public outrage which included death threats against Casey and the rest of her family.

How to get people to put down their pitchforks and stop the hate-mongering?

Release a news story that "proves" she is innocent.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I would hope it wouldn't take a news story to get people to put down pitchforks and move past hate mongering and death threats.

Mob mentality. People in a mob are capable of anything, regardless of their background ect.

Problem is that if this story was thrown out there to curb the mob mentality......well, they'd have done better to just shut up about her already and make her totally NON news worthy. I don't think it was thrown out there to stop the death threats or to prove her innocence. It was thrown out there to keep the hype up and the ratings up.