Casey Anthony Bombshell!

DammitJanet

OMG! I cannot believe the BS that the defense just did to attempt to make Casey look good. She threw her father under the bus and attempted to throw her brother a bit under it too. She is claiming that the baby died by drowning in the pool when her father was home alone with her AND...that her FATHER has been ABUSING her since she was 8 years old!!!!!

So much bs on my meter but oh the water works Casey turned on. First time Casey has cried in the whole time she has been in jail...even when she was arrested or learned the kid died. Sigh... sociopath!!!

I agree, and I'm pretty sure a jury would never buy it either. Those poor parents have been through so much, I do feel bad for them, and now to be accused of sexually abusing her? I wonder if they knew what was going to be said before they walked in there....but really, that defense could have even been their idea, anything to save their difficult child! If the baby drowned on the pool, what about all the internet searches???? She can never explain that away. All the lies she's told so far, this is just another, they have to throw everything at the wall, they have nothing.

DammitJanet

Im watching this koi and what annoys me the most is how this defense attorney is cross examining this grandfather and asking him how he can remember all these years later what Caylee last said to him and what she was last wearing but why he couldnt remember what his wife wore last week...well let me tell you, if I never saw Keyana again, I could tell you EXACTLY what she last said to me and EXACTLY what she last had on. EXACTLY!

The last words I spoke to her were on Monday were "Love you Grandma, Love you Princess! See you Friday." She showed me a plastic Hannah Montana microphone and she was wearing a purple leotard with white tights and blue and white tennis shoes. I would remember that for the rest of my life! So there defense attorney! Ugh! He doesnt get grandparents.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
What I don't get is why spend all this time, money, drama for YEARS - if the attorney knew she had drowned - It would have been an accident pure and simple and why not cut some sort of plea deal for negligence?? Why drag it out unless it was to make sure his name was a constant in the universe.

Am sure that bus will be going back and forth over the father a few times more before this is over, along with her brother and mother.

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
He doesn't get parents or grandparents, Janet.

If something happened to one of my kids, one of my grandkids, you bet your bottom dollar their last words to me would be stuck in my head like a cd. Trauma has a tendency to do that to people.

I can't watch this though, or trials like it. It triggers a very violent anger in me that could be dangerous should the wrong person approach me in the wrong way.

Mattsmom277

I can't stand even reading about it anymore for exactly the emotions you have. My rage-o-meter goes off the chart. I get that people use all kinds of twists and distortions as defenses, and sometimes I even agree with some defenses, but sometimes like with this case I just get to overwhelmed watching it unfold. I will just be hopeful that this jury sees the facts, the lies, the inconcistincies and that this person is justly disciplined. Some stories just remind us the warped things that go on out there.

DammitJanet

Thats very true. In the warmer states, little kids drown in pools, while not on a regular basis but it isnt unheard of, so I doubt it would have made the news.

donna723

The whole thing makes me sick too! What on earth? As awful as it would be to have a small child drown in a backyard pool, who WOULDN'T call 911 or try to get medical help if that happened? Who would go to all these lengths to cover it up and hide the childs body if it was an accident? If that's the best story they can come up with, that's really pathetic! Nobody would believe that!

susiestar

Roll With It
It has been out there for a while that she intended to say her dad sexually abused her. He has admitted to being an alcoholic and that he got clean when his grandchild was born. I don't know about sexual abuse, but I heard her defense team mention it a month ago. We don't get courttv so I don't know what is going on in court. For those that want to watch it, cbs.com has a 48hrs Mystery special on this in their website. It was a few weeks ago. She is going to try ANYTHING to look like the victim. But seh NEVER cried over her daughter - and there was never a sign that the baby had been at her gparents in the month before the disappearance was admitted to. IF the grandpa did it, WHY all the koi about the nanny that no one knew the name or address of, that didn't live where Casey knew, etc.... WHY all the lies? If someone else had done it Casey would have shouted that to the ROOFTOPS when she was put in jail. She owuld NOT have said "wait for trial I willt ell you then". It would be sold to a tabloid for a million bucks or more.

DammitJanet

She learned to lie because she was sexually abused by having her fathers **** in her mouth. BS. Makes me wanna puke for so many reasons. She cant tell the truth for a whole lot of reasons. UGH UGH UGH

susiestar

Roll With It
Mostly because she is a difficult child and a sociopath who cares for NO ONE but herself. Actually, she may not be a sociopath - usually they are very very smart and she just does NOT strike me that way. narcissist certainly.

H

HaoZi

Is there any proof she drowned? If so, were tests done to determine the water source?
You can hear me grinding my teeth, can't you?

shellyd67

She deserves to rot in jail !!!! I am wondering if her parents were privy to the sex abuse claims before hand or if they were just blindsided ...

DammitJanet

If she were my kid, she would be dead to me as of today. Her parents have stuck by her all these years and now she pulls this. Her father can never take this back no matter how much he denies it. All it takes is someone saying the word sex abuse and people think...well maybe?

donna723

"Is there any proof she drowned? If so, were tests done to determine the water source?"

From what I understand, they were never able to determine the exact cause of death because her body was so badly decomposed by the time it was found.

H

HaoZi

Drowning + duct tape still says to me there was some help in the drowning process.
"Give her the needle" just doesn't have the same ring as "The chair! The chair!"
Eh, do a Dahmer and turn her out into general population to see what happens.

donna723

If she drown, then why was there traces of chloroform found in the trunk of her car? And why the duct tape? Makes no sense at all.

And I agree ... what a horrible thing to do to her parents after the way they stood by her all this time! The best they could come up with is to blame it on her father???

DammitJanet

My deepest respects to any attorneys we have on this board or spouses of attorneys...who I am sure are lovely people...But I cannot stand these guys on TV!!!! or most of them...lmao. Now I love Judge Alex who is on as a guest on HLN tonite but the normal defense lawyers they have are sooooo sickly - I dont even know what to call it - pro defense I guess, I cant stand them. I guess its their job...lol. I guess I would want them if I needed them but I couldnt afford them! Heck, Casey shouldnt be able to afford these folks!!! Do you really think if one of our kids killed one of our grandkids we would have this dream team, I think not.

I also think it is odd that if all this had happened the way they said it did, they would have called 911 right away and just dealt with it. No need for such a huge deal. Even if Casey did want to cover it up, when she was arrested, why not spill the beans and name her father as the bad guy then..the big bad abusing dad who found the baby and disposed of the body. Makes no sense.