Cats under your feet can be bad.

Abbey

Spork Queen
EVERY TIME I open the door to go outside for something, all 3 cats are waiting there when I return. Well, for some reason I spaced it out last night and did a total bootie plant on the floor while tripping over all 3. My tailbone HURTS!!! I can barely bend down. Work was not pleasant this morning. It seemed everything I stocked was on the bottom shelf. My coworker says, "You have the look of misery on your face today." Ummm...yep. That pretty much sums it up. I feel like I just want to suck my thumb and hide under a blanket.

Abbey

Mom2oddson

Sorry you got hurt. Hope you recover quickly.

Don't have 3 cats trying to do me in, but I have 3 big dogs that take strategic positions on the kitchen floor while I'm cooking in the hopes that I will loose whatever I'm cooking and it will be theirs. It's worked once or twice too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm Sooooooooooo not saying anything
NO
NOT
A WORD

SEE MODS I CAN BE GOOD.

EVEN IF I AM Sooooo set up...

FEEL BETTER ABBERS.

THERE SEE? I was good huh? Not one single comment about

OMG......KILLING ME........
KILLLLLL ING.....ME.........
Is there a place BEHIND the corner???

I'm there......I'm so there.

DammitJanet

Yes Star...you were very good!

Poor poor Abbey. That had to hurt! Do you have a bathtub you can soak in? I recommend epsom salts.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abbey, if it's still hurting like that in two or three days, go get it seen to. It's possible you fractured your tailbone. They might be able to give you medications to ease the discomfort (and possibly a doctor's note for work)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think Star's just faking it. There's really a cellar BELOW the corner, and that's the staircase she just fell down. How goes it down there, hon? Watch out for the cacaroaches! (I know you'll just make friends with the rats...) :p

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm in the cellar...:wildone:..it's dark.....I have rats. still being good.

Wonder what Abbey is.......um.......doing.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Star, I'm looking at you. You ARE in the cellar below the corner. Who let that leak out?

GN - I talked to the doctor today and there is not much they can do for the tail bone. It is definitely not the back. His suggestion was to rest and wait it out for a few days. I'm going in a few minutes from now to get it looked at. Loads of fun.

(Abbey takes Star's scissors away.)

Abbers

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abby. That's basically what happened with my tail bone. I slipped on the ice a few years back up here and managed to crack it. I got painkillers and muscle relaxants, and a silly donut shaped pillow to sit on.

Silly as the donut looked, it did help. A note to be aware of. Tailbone injuries can take a long time to heal. I had pain for several MONTHS though it gradually eased as time went on.

I still ate a lot of ibuprofen during that period.

KTMom91

My sympathies. If it's not the panthers underfoot, it's the terrier. Makes walking through the house an adventure. Hope you're feeling better.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah, my toy panther has learned (the hard way) to stay out from under my feet. The damned dog does not, and it's like tripping over a 2.5ft high driveway bump. He weighs ninety five lbs and just doesn't budge at all unless I poke him.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(drumming fingers.......) (petting a rat)......(staring at ABBERS) (IN THE CELLAR)

OMG can I say it NOW???
CAN I?
CAN I??

Sooooooooo where does one get a toy panther?
What is a toy panther?
Is this just an extremely LARGE black cat? Or is it a breed of cat? Or is it a real panther and you guys have a license for exotic cats.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Finally went to the ER. Yep...fractured in 2 places. Just lovely. I tried to lay down for a nap late this afternoon. It hurts to just lay there. There is not much they can do but give you pain medications. I'm reluctant to take them as I recently started another medication. I guess I'll just tough it out for right now.

Star...get your game on.

Abbey

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abbey. Check with a pharmacist to see if the pain medications are safe to take with your new medication.

If you can; adequate pain relief will go a long way towards being able to sleep and will also help healing.

Also, if you usually take baths; switch to taking showers. I found getting up from sitting in the tub to be excruciating.

Walgreen's or CVS should have one of the "donut pillows". I found that to be helpful. But, it's going to be unlikely that you'll be able to do heavy work for a bit, and you really shouldn't.

If you notice any problems with excretory functions, see the doctor again. There are nerves that originate at tailbone level that can affect that.

Other than that; it's a miserable injury to have, especially if the nervous sytem stuff kicks up. Plus it plain hurts like blazes and takes a good while to heal.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Oh, toy panthers are officially great big, black domestic cats. My Jake is marked like a blue-point Siamese so he's an official toy panther. Plus, he only weighs about fourteen lbs, so he's a bit on the small side.

KTMom91

Our three weigh about 20 pounds each. Solid black. They just celebrated their first birthday, so they're big boys now!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I had Maine Coons and had several males that weighed well in excess of 20lbs. We had three show alters (neutered show cats) from the same litter that all weighed over 20lbs...add in all that shaggy fur; they looked immense.

husband used to refer to them as the "Brown Plague" because they could be so difficult to tell apart. Luckily, if one was in trouble, the others were usually as well.

Group discipline worked...spray bottles full of water are a wonderful thing. Even cats that enjoy playing in water like mine did, don't like a face full of it.

We called the spray bottle the "bad boy bottle"