Cats under your feet can be bad.

Abbey

Spork Queen
GN - it's funny you mentioned that. I have a bladder the size of a pea and typically go hourly. Yesterday, I COULD NOT go. I knew I had to but it just wouldn't happen. I did talk to the doctor about the other medications and he said there shouldn't be a problem. I love the word 'shouldn't.'

He wanted me to take a week off of work. Perfect timing...NOT. I'm already taking next week off to go to Vegas. Training 2 new people...I think they'd shoot me if I took the next 4 days off before vacation.

Abbey

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abbey. Talk to the doctor. It sounds like you already have an irritable bladder. I certainly do and I have the thing with not being able to "go" when it really feels like you have to.

In my case it is related to that fall and another low back fracture years back. If the difficulty peeing thing just started; it needs to be attended to.

Meanwhile. Take your pain pills AND the time off of work. They aren't likely to shoot you. They might not be happy, but they'll manage. You;re not the only team leader they have, are you?

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm the only Team Leader on soft lines. I have a pretty good crew now, though. I'm sure they'll do just fine without me. I reminded Scotty that he will be in charge next week. You should have seen the look on his face! What? Why? I said I'm going back to Vegas for a week. He's like...no, no!! Yes, yes. I guess I forgot to tell him. ;)

I will talk to the doctor today just in case.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ugh! I hated softlines! All that folding. UghUghUghUgh!!!

Broke my tailbone about 18 years ago (UGH! 18 years!) and now if I sit wrong for too long, or just plain sit for too long, it aches. For days.

Heating pad or thermal wrap works pretty well. Also aspercreme if you can.

Bending and sitting are the worst. Try sleeping on your stomach, for some reason that's not as bad as side or backl.

And tell the purries - MOVE DANG IT!

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Star...you and I are the only ones here right now. Stang aught to be stopping by sometime soon.

Abbers

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
WHY in the WORLD would I need to go to the CORNER????

(that you would know about, anyway... mwahahahahaha)

TerryJ2

Oh, Abbey, I am so sorry.

That ... uh ... sucks.

OMG, Star, every time I have a serious answer, I get derailed by you!!

Abbey, my 81-yr-old cousin has a broken tailbone (3X!!!) and a compression fracture at L1-L2, and a broken and repaired hip. I am so grateful that you are up and around, albeit with-great pain. Moving and standing are great things. Do not let your legs atrophy. And do not get hooked on a painkiller stronger than ibuprofen.
That's what happened to my cousin. And at 81, old habits are hard to break.

Heal quickly!

I know what you mean about the cats. They love to gather at your feet. Sigh.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, Terry, it's a tad stronger than ibuprofen. I only take one a day after work and only have a 2 week supply so I'll either have withdrawls or be fine. ;) It does allow me to move around easier and sleep. I'm a toss and turner at night and it is PAINFUL to roll onto my side.

When they called me for a 2nd shift yesterday I showed up with a stool and my donut. They all cracked up. I didn't use them but just wanted to see the shock value.

Abbey

TerryJ2

LOL!

I don't think you'll be addicted in two weeks!

Good luck with-the stool and donut. *I* would use them. :)

rejectedmom

So sorry about your fall. Broken bones hurt. Do whatever you need to do to be comfortable. Forget about what people think.

How are you getting to vegas? I hope it is by car and you can llie in the back seat. -RM

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I may be bad, but I apparently have 3 wonderful cats. They are not underfoot cats (I HATE that). They are wonderful in that regard.

I hope it heals fast, regardless.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My cat stays out from under my feet pretty well. It's the 95lb speedbump masquerading as a German Shepherd that I fall over occasionally.

He's a black and red and isn't all that visible in low light conditions, not to mention I don't see very well.

Back when I was still struggling with the atypical antipsychotics, I had a LOT of trouble with dizziness and loss of balance. I took a few headers over the damned dog during that time.

Luckily, the switch to an older type of AP helped with side effects, and I can now usually throw a knee into the dog's ribs...AND, I've taught him the MOVE!!! command, which also really helps.

TerryJ2

GoingNorth, wow, that can be scary.
Glad you taught him to move, and switched medications!
I say, "Meepmeep!" when I want my animals to move. LOL.
Yrs ago, I had a friend who had a show-quality dachschund. She won 1st pl in 2 shows.
Her fave places were inside the couch (she loved to tunnel--the dog, not my friend, LOL!) and in front of the mom's legs while she was cooking.
One day, mom moved hot oil from the stove to the sink--3 footsteps--and poor dachschund was in the way.

No more show dog.

Panicked Mom.

The dog healed, Mom had lots of martinis, all ended well. Enough.

;)

TerryJ2

Abbey, I mentioned to my cousin that you had fallen, and that you found that lying on your stomach helped. She just rolled her eyes.
Her preferred position is flat on her back.
Very bad.
The nurses and I keep her on one side, with-pillows everywhere.

Star*

call 911........call 911
:surprise::surprise::surprise:

THERE is just SOOOOOOO much material in this post....
Between Shari and Terryj....

I'm writing Nancy and begging for duct tape. OM I'm putting myself in Siberia........I'm so gone.....I'm sooooooooo gone. ABBEY HELP. :whiteflag:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah. The medications side effects were really scary. I fell several times and broke my foot and two toes in one fall. I now take an older AP and seem to be doing a lot better on it other than having to up my dose of Cogentin to manage tremors.

You can teach a dog to move on command by poking them in the ribs just behind the shoulder blade about halfway down the torso. There's a nerve point there that is very sensitive in dogs. (In fact, anti pulling harnesses take advantage of this physical fact). All it takes is a gentle prodding and the dog will turn away from you.

I haven't spilled anything on Gryph, but husband did splatter bacon grease on a dog that got under his feet while he was cooking. Luckily the burns were not severe beyond one patch on the back of one ear where the hair grew back in white. Sure scared the bejabbers out of all of us, though.

We did have a top show kitten that got under my feet on the stairs. I stepped on him and broke his tail. It left a knot and ruined a very promising show career. He was the cat that went on to become a service animal...a much better life than going to cat shows all the time, in my opinion.