Caught person damaging our property

Nancy

If you remember, for two months difficult child was living with our neighbor after we kicked her out this past March. This person has been providing pot/alcohol to difficult child for the past seven years, since difficult child was 14. difficult child finally left that home and entered a sober house and has been there going on four months and doing well.

This guy hates us, he sees us as a roadblock to getting difficult child back into his drug fold. We have had problems with him and his family for years. For months now he has been ringing the doorbell in the middle of the night and kciking the door. This happens anywhere from 11 pm to 4:30 am. In June we called the police and they warned him. He then began wearing disguises, swimming caps, plastic bags over his head, and the harassment escalated in frequency. We bought a night vision motion detection outside camera and caught him on video three times in the past two weeks.

The police came out Sunday, watched the videos, took pictures of the door, collected copies of facebook messages he sent to difficult child and our statement. They called today to tell us they are charging him with three counts of criminal tresspass and three counts of criminal damanging, after the complaint is written up and signed they will arrest him. They told us to get an estimate on a new door and we will be advised when to go to court. We will ask for a restraining order against him for both us and difficult child.

Nancy

rejectedmom

Nancy I hope this recent development helps stop the abuse but honestly I am still afraid for you and your family. Stay safe and do not let your guard down lest he esculates after the police involvement. -RM

CrazyinVA

Staff member
It's nice to hear when police take action on things like this. The guy definitely sounds unstable.. please watch your back.

DammitJanet

what a "Crotte" as Malika would say! Does this kid not have better things to do with his time than harass you during those hours? Might I suggest he go smoke a blunt. That would calm him down enough he wouldnt want to go out and commit such acts. LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful.

Now that you have it documented..........I'd look into stalking charges. (taken a tad more seriously) I have a feeling he's not going to let this go.

Hugs

DDD

I'm sure it is a relief to know for sure it was he. on the other hand, like others have said, I would remain on guard as he obviously has big problems. Hugs. DDD

Nancy

Too bad though, the plastic bag wasn't a bit tighter. :groan:

ROFL I almost spit out my lemonade reading that.

Janet he smokes blunts 24/7. I guess his sytem is immune.

The police called back to say he will be arrested tonight. We will keep the camera up and be very careful. I wanted to charge him with stalking but the offense didn't fit the statute, yet. That is of course a good possibility if he tries to contact us after the restraining order.

Nancy

M

mrsammler

Hoonelly, this made my blood boil. a) I'm very glad you're having him arrested. I would testify against him and ask the judge to throw the book at him (if he's dumb enough to plead not guilty). b) He's a sociopath--I can't imagine a neurotypical person, even a very amoral person, doing this. It's crazy. c) I would've been very, very tempted to await him in the darkness and, when he started banging on the door, beat the holy **** out of his worthless ***. What a waste of air.

susiestar

Roll With It
A normal drug dealer would NOT behave this way. The guy is unhinged. PLEASE be very cautious. If you don't have pepper spray, I strongly recommend getting some and having it in your hand as you leave and enter your home. Esp if you must go outside to get into the car. If you have a garage door opener, make sure to always take the 30 seconds to watch it close - stay in the car until it closes if you are going in, don't open it until you are in the car when leaving, and do NOT pull out of the driveway until the door is shut. This is one of the biggest security risks that people iwth automatic door openers have. It is pretty easy to get into a house via garage if it is attached, or to get to someone in their garage via a door that shuts after you have stopped looking.

I am proud that you did what was needed to get this guy brought up on charges. If/when he doesn't stop, throw the book at him! And please be careful!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
You have to feel great that you could do something to protect yourself and defend your home.
What a whack a doo!!!!
Hope the nonsense stops and he is held accountable.

Nancy

He will be arrested today. We are having a estimate made today for a new door, it will be quite a bit because it is a three part unit. We will get to face him in court. Finally after six years of him and his family intereferring in our lives we get to let them know it's time to stop.

Nancy

Nancy

He was arrested and made bond. He was told he is not to come anywhere near our propert or try to contact us in any manner, not have anyone else contact us either. His court appearance is July 20 at 1:30 so we will be there. He denies doing this and said it's impossible that we have him on video ROFLMAO. He must think we are too dumb to catch him.

Nancy

I hope he's not one of those nut cases who "up their game" when they feel someone has wronged them. I mean c'mon, can't a guy bang down and break someones door in peace???