Caught person damaging our property

donna723

"He denies doing this and said it's impossible that we have him on video ROFLMAO. He must think we are too dumb to catch him."

:groan:

Nancy, this is going to be good! And when he denies you having him on video tape, he'll probably say something brilliant like, "I didn't see no video camera!"

gottaloveem

How scary. Geez. Now that your difficult child is on the right track, you are still dealing with somebody else's difficult child. I'm glad the police will arrest him.

Lia

Mattsmom277

So glad this dufus was arrested and I do hope that you get the restraining order, although I can't see how a judge would NOT give you all one.

I want to chime in with others to say please watch your back. I posted a couple of summers ago about our psycho sociopathic neighbour and if you remember it, he brutally attacked my S/O from behind and another minute or two the damage might have been severe enough for him to lose an eye. Star saw the photos and can attest to what exactly people like this can do, and this was a neighbor with police history and drug issues too. So I'm very glad to hear this clown was arrested but I figure if he's too stupid to realize you could and Do have a video of him committing these offenses, I figure he's stupid enough to do something again and perhaps it won't be just your door or property. I'm glad your video is still in place, but keep an eye anyhow pretty please, as video only helps after the fact and I'd hate to hear of anything happening to you and yours.

donna723

Nancy, please add me to the list of those asking you to please, please be very careful. From what I've seen in cases like this, they arrest the person, then let them right back out again with a court date and a warning or a restraining order. None of that seems to make a difference to nutjobs like him!

Nancy

Mattsmom I do remember your crazy neighbor. Our builder came over today to check the door. He is going to install the new one for us and give us a super secure lock that he said someone would need an explosive to get through. He only stayed in jail a few hours, we knew that. It's just a misdemeaner so there isn't much tthey can do. I truly think he was doing it to intimidate us and when he sees what he will have to pay for the damage he won't dare come near us again. But trust me we will be very careful.

Nancy

mstang67chic

Going Green
Please do! I wouldn't be able to make it out there to "talk" to him should something happen. Seems my ninja outfit is at the cleaners.

DammitJanet

Seriously Nancy, sometimes they wont even give a protection order for neighbors - at least here. Here it has to be a spouse or domestic partner or children. I tried to get one years ago against a neighbor who stormed into my house and beat Cory up (he was 15) because he thought Cory had stolen his playstation. The neighbor was about 25 years old at the time. Cory was home with mono and sleeping on the couch. It was later found out that this guys father had packed the stupid game away in the storage shed.

The courts wouldnt give a protective order because it wasnt a domestic issue.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Obviously this idiot didn't know your pseudonym is "Sherlock."

Count me in with the others who are worried. Do you carry pepper spray (or a Glock) in your purse?

Suz