Cautionsly Optimistic

DaisyC1234

Update on daughter

I agreed to watch the girls 3 days out of the week with the agreement that she show up by 10:30 or I won't watch them anymore was my boundary. She has actually been picking them up by 10:30 and if she's running late she will text me to let me know, something she never did in the past. She seems to not be drinking which is a good sign. I still don't agree with where she works or how she gets money, but she's a grown woman. She made rent this month and I my dad didn't help her.

She still lies quite a bit. She said she was taking a trip out of town and if I would watch the girls over the weekend. My dad told her not to take the car, that's his, on the trip. She ended up saying in town the entire weekend to harass her on-again, off-again boyfriend (he has her blocked on his phone so she uses her email and I see those) asking if she could go over to his house.

On a bright note, she actually paid me back the money she owed me, $55, for a box of pampers and formula. It's not about the money, but the principle and her learning to take responsibility. Small baby steps....

I'm taking a trip next month to visit my mom in Colorado and taking my son and oldest granddaughter with me. We will be gone for about 6 days. Should be a fun road trip.

Beta

That's good that you have seen some steps of responsibility from her. Even the smallest thing is big to those of us in this mess.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
Update on daughter

I agreed to watch the girls 3 days out of the week with the agreement that she show up by 10:30 or I won't watch them anymore was my boundary. She has actually been picking them up by 10:30 and if she's running late she will text me to let me know, something she never did in the past. She seems to not be drinking which is a good sign. I still don't agree with where she works or how she gets money, but she's a grown woman. She made rent this month and I my dad didn't help her.

She still lies quite a bit. She said she was taking a trip out of town and if I would watch the girls over the weekend. My dad told her not to take the car, that's his, on the trip. She ended up saying in town the entire weekend to harass her on-again, off-again boyfriend (he has her blocked on his phone so she uses her email and I see those) asking if she could go over to his house.

On a bright note, she actually paid me back the money she owed me, $55, for a box of pampers and formula. It's not about the money, but the principle and her learning to take responsibility. Small baby steps....

I'm taking a trip next month to visit my mom in Colorado and taking my son and oldest granddaughter with me. We will be gone for about 6 days. Should be a fun road trip.
Baby steps. You have the best time ever on your Colorado trip.

DaisyC1234

The next thing she needs to conquer is getting rid of that boyfriend. That is such a toxic relationship, but unfortunately that's not something I can talk her into doing. She has to realize on her own. Even though it's been like 3 years.... she also needs to get a DNA test to make sure it's his baby, with all the lying and infidelity, on both sides, it only makes sense, plus he mentioned to me that he wasn't sure either.

Thanks everyone.