Caylee Anthony (missing girl)

tinamarie1

Please forgive me if yall have already had a thread about this. I am just curious to know what your thoughts are about all of this.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Casey (the little girls mom) is not quite right.
Do you think they will ever find the little girl?
I was watching the bond hearing a few weeks ago and the grandmother took the stand. On court tv...they commented about how the grandma kept talking about mainly herself, how she hasn't slept or ate and only drinks water.
Then I read online the other day that Casey is now refusing any visits from her family. They went to go visit her in jail on the little girls birthday and she refused to see her brother, mom and father.
somethings definitely not right I just can't figure out what.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I think the Mom is severly mentally ill.

From what I've managed to catch from what Grandma says, Mom was not that way before this happened. So it's anyone's guess if something happened to the little girl and Mom slid over the edge into insanity, or if she was there to begin with.

I get tired of hearing how they keep questioning Mom. Most especially when Mom doesnt not appear mentally competent to relate more than 2 or 3 sentences that make sense. Mom has not mentioned her child's name since this started. Mom doesn't appear to understand truely what is going on.

I think they need to stop badgering Mom, and get off their duffs and start hunting down that little girl. Period.

If Mom is guilty, fine. If not, fine. But all they're doing right now is spinning their wheels.

Nichole has followed it MUCH more closely than I have. And is livid.

And no. Cadaver dogs picked up scents both in Mom's trunk and in the yard. I doubt the little girl is alive.

But I still pray for her every night, just in case. I can't stomach to watch much of it. She looks too much like Aubrey.

KTMom91

I agree that something is not right. Who waits a month to report their child missing? It will be interesting to see what the police can turn up. I doubt that Caylee's still alive though.

klmno

I have only seen a little bit- not very much- and my presumption was that either Mom did something horrible, or Mom hasn't done anything wrong and this is a very sick family and Mom cannot deal with the family on top of her daughter being gone and she got stuck in jail. Again- I've only seen a few small bits and pieces- but there for a while, I thought I was risking being put in jail because I was fighting for what I thought was in difficult child's best interest- even though other family members were stuck in a fantasy world. If I had gone to jail, I would have refused to see them, too.

But, there is the side of me that wants to see this entire story that I have missed so much of- I think maybe I heard a blip about the child being missing for a month before it was reported. That puts a whole new perspective on my view of "MOM", but, then why didn't these loving family members report it either??

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
So sad, makes me kind of glad that I haven't had TV for a few weeks. Whatever happened, a poor little child is missing. That is just wrong.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I agree that something isn't right with the mom but at the same time....I get a weird feeling about the grandmother too. Not that I think she had something to do with it (although that is possible) but that something strikes me as odd with her too.

I didn't watch the video on CNN last night, but they had a video about "mom giving family hints". Lee, Casey's bro, has said Casey is not comfortable and scared giving authorities information so that's why she's refusing to speak to authorities. Something I read the other day is that all jail conversations are taped (we've seen several of them in the media) ~ the only conversations not taped are between client and attorney so therefore giving hints of info to the family via the attorney is what the article was referring to.

I've been following the case since around day 2 of Caylee reported missing. I catch stories while reading other stories via CNN. I have given up on checking updates on Stacy Peterson because there's nothing there unless it deals with Drew. Every couple weeks, I'll look for updates on Nonnie Dotson.

witzend

My gut feeling is that either mom did something to her, or allowed someone to do something to her, and somehow thought if she didn't say anything it would just go away.

She certainly has some mental issues of some sort, whatever happened.

tinamarie1

I get a weird feeling about the grandma too. Just can't put my finger on it.
I have wondered if its possible she (mom) sold the little girl and she is in another country. If the mom was out partying alot like the media says during the 30 days before she reported her missing, she obviously had some money and hasn't been working. Just makes me wonder.

N

Nomad

The grandmother concerns me a bit too...and I also can't put my finger on it exactly. She's done interviews where she seems really "off," but then again being the mom of a difficult child and under a lot of stress can make a person have "off" moments. I have cut back on watching this. Maybe a minute or two, every few days. It's weird how the media hangs on to every little tidbit of news...most of which is not newsworthy. If they feel they need to report it, I wish they would keep it very brief. I think (in my humble opinion) its not healthy for the media to drag these stories on and on...when they have nothing new to report.