CD Gathering Attendance Confirmation

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet had a good idea about t-shirts... We could design one on Cafepress OR we could just order the one from House (Normal Is Overrated) that gives the proceeds to NAMI. Thoughts on this?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sorry, I'm not big on matching Tshirts but more power to those who want to wear them.

Name tags are a must for this old gal, though. My memory stinks.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. Start clearing your throats. My birthday is the 17th so you can sing to me belatedly. :D

Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
I had an idea about the t-shirts. What about shirts that have to do with our screen names? (Making us INSTANTLY identifiable to each other whilst looking a bit odd Occupational Therapist (OT) others)

For example, mine would have a picture of a Ford Mustang on it.

Star's....well let's just say hers would involve glue and a freaking boat load of glitter.

Ideas? Thoughts?

DammitJanet

If we dont do tee shirts we can get buttons made on cafepress with ConductDisorders on the button and a blank place to write our names with a black sharpie. I will check on the price of the buttons and if they arent too outlandishly high I will have them made.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Just to go back to past get togethers a name tag is a good start.
It seemed that the best time is when there is a place were we can mingle and talk comfortably without worrying about making too much noise or being hurried out of a restaurant.
Maybe dinner in a separate part of a restaurant.
We could see about a party room in a hotel and have food brought in.
I have serious doubts that I will be doing much touring and wanted to start the conversation about what would work for us to have the best chance to spend quality time.

Any thoughts?

Not all of us look cute in t shirts so I'd vote for name tags.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Name tags/buttons -- great idea. I like it even better than the shirts (although the glitter-donkey design sounds appealing... not so sure I look great in feathers :p )

I'm in the same camp with Fran wanting to dedicate quality time talking to everyone. I might do one fun tourist-like thing, but I'm really coming there to see all of you and visit.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I don't mind the name tags as long as they are not the stick on kind. I have a thing about stickering my clothing.

I will just walk in carrying one of my stuffed cat in the hat toys and you guys will know its me.

beth

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Fran, I was thinking the same thing about having a "party" somewhere so that we can meet/have dinner for a few hours. Those that want to sightsee can do so on their own before or after the get together.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fran, Heather and I were discussing the same thing on the phone. While I don't mind a little sight seeing.......I'm mostly wanting to sit and visit with everyone.

Janet, buttons for name tags may be even better than the tshirts. Although I don't mind the tshirt idea, that's half my wardrobe. lol ;) But buttons should be alot cheaper.

Lothlorien

Doesn't look like I'll be attending. My brother is coming up from Florida that weekend and will be here until the following weekend. I hope you all have a good time.

Nancy

I thought the same thing Fran and it's why I suggested an early afternoon visit to the R&RHoF followed by an early dinner at Shooters (or somewhere else we found that allowed us to all be together). The reason I suggested Shooters is because on a warm summer day the view is lovely and there is a boardwalk right outside that people sit on and drink/talk. They even set tables up out there for dinner but it would have to be before the dinner hour because they take them down for music.

We also have a lovely park system and I know of several locations where we can picnic and all be together. There is one location that is actually quite near my home that has paddleboats and a lovely hiking trail around the lake. I don't know what time everyone is planning on getting here, but if it's early Friday that would be a good thing to do then.

The whole thing will depend on what we decide for the itinerary. We can plug things in and of course some can do other things that may interest them. Cleveland is not a tourist town in the sense that everything is located near each other. It's spread out and while there are many neat things to see, you have to drive a fair distance to get there.

Nancy

Last edited:

busywend

I will start researching hotels tonight - in Cleveland.

I also think the meeting place in the hotel is a great idea.

Will people be arriving on Friday? I plan to. I expect we should have a gathering that evening maybe some snacky foods ready to pick at. If there is a bar in the hotel we can head over there after if we wish to.

Saturday hopefully the hotel will have a breakfast area and we can just come down at our leisure (we all need to sleep in while away from our difficult children!). Maybe I will find a few little adventures for people to choose from on Saturday afternoon. I think Saturday evening should be like Friday night in the hotel - maybe with actual dinner instead of snacks.

I have done this many times when I was Cheerleading Director - of course if was for a few hundred people.....so I should be able to pull this one off!

Is anyone bringing their SO? Or children?

tiredmommy

husband and Duckie will probably be in town... husband has a close buddy he works with that they can hang with on Saturday, I believe.

I want to point out that the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is a great place to visit with families.