CD get togethers

mstang67chic

Going Green
I had a thought....scary, I know. Why don't we do the get togethers yearly and alternate locations/hosts. I was talking in Chicago that if we ever did one in my area, there is a party trolley we could rent. THAT idea was a hit! LOL

So....thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

H

HaoZi

There's a party trolley? If we do it in the summer does the drive-in do group rates? Not that it's expensive unless you eat.

T

TeDo

That sounds great. Then I might actually get to physically be there at some point. Buuuuutttttt, put me in the NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO Octopus group!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMW - Do you know anyone able to DRIVE a trolley? You have to have a P endorsement.

And squid is sooooo out.......so are monkey brains, cow tongue and anything else that would evoke and ewwwwwwww. Otherwise that picture where you're scooping up after someone?

H

HaoZi

Oh, reminds me, near Stang and I is a new restaurant for a homeless men's shelter. The guys working there don't get paid money, it pays for their room and board and they get on the job training. I've heard good things about it so far (it's a burger place). I've been meaning to get over there and try it myself, it's a good way to help support locally for those that enjoy that (and don't want weird food, like me!).

BusynMember

I think it's better to do maybe every other year at one location and every other year at many locations. Many people, like me, are broke and really can't take vacations. I have to go to the midwest or I can't go. I soooooooooo badly wanted to go THIS year, but hub had surgery and the money wasn't there. I was hoping to go to the next one, but the West or East or South...too expensive.

Also, the coastal areas are more costly than some other areas. Iowa anyone? Hehe. I'm not too far from there and I'm sure the hotels and entertainment are both cheap :)

I'd have to say that I don't like the idea. I've "known" you guys for so many years...yet I never get to see ya.
Just my .02

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm in the broke club right now, too. But if I had the resources I'd go ANYWHERE you folks are meeting in a heartbeat! The Cleveland get-together in '09 was a lot of fun!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I think every year is a good idea, and the fact is some of us will be able to go, some not.

I joined the board a mere 6 months before the Cleveland gathering. I loved it. But there's NO WAY I would have been able to go much further. Just not enough money!

This year, no money PLUS weird circumstances. But I think we should keep trying, and move it around by year. Eventually most of the US people will be able to go. And MAYBE someday we can meet Marg, Esther, Malika... And others!

DammitJanet

GCV..I bet you are in the broke club right now! Did you just lose about a trillion dollars yesterday? LOL

I wont be able to go anywhere for at least two years now because of the economy. Tony has been out of work for the most of the last 4 months and just got back to working. We are sitting on pins and needles seeing what this shift is going to do. If it slows down commercial construction we are going to go under.

I can do local stuff in the south because Im here but heading far away like Cleveland, uhh...that is out for me anymore without having a year to save. Tony scrimped for that because he wanted to get me there really badly after I was so sick.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Stang, I think it's a lovely idea. TM, I'd be willing to go to Buffalo. You all can head up my way one year. I do like the idea of heading out to each coast, especially if I have enough time to plan & save.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If the gathering were every year, it would probably give more people a chance to attend, especially with the different locations.

If money had been different and easy child had not broken her leg, I'd have found a way to this years chicago gathering.....I could've bussed it if necessary. Bus runs from cincy or dayton to chicago. Of course that also killed the SC one for me too, darn it.

If given enough warning......I might be able to make plans, little money or not, as easy child is now super interested in meeting her board aunties. lol

But with all of them there are going to be those who can't attend for whatever reason, not just funds, because sometimes life gets in the way.

TerryJ2

Great idea.

And squid is sooooo out.......so are monkey brains, cow tongue and anything else that would evoke and ewwwwwwww.

Whatever happened to good, old fashioned chocolate, for breakfast, lunch and dinner?