CD Re-Union Poll Results

M

ML

St. Louis or Chicago is the winner!!

Is there anyone in that area that would want to take the lead on reasearching a place, hotel rates, stuff to do, etc.?

I am also considering the possibility that we might have two of them as was suggested so more people could attend. Though I realize it is very self serving, and that Denver only came in third, I am willing to host and reserach a reunion here this summer (Tiredmommy thinking perhaps the week of July 15). I realize this may put some in the position of having to choose east or west but I think that's ok. Even if only 2 or 3 come to Denver I know we would have a blast. Also, if someone in another western region would like to take the lead on hosting I would happily hand over the reigns to them for a "west coast CD re-union". I have family in Portland and in S. Cal and Vegas is within driving distance.

I would also do my best to attend the one in St. Louis.

I am interested in comments and feedback. I just put this out there for consideration. I realize not everyone will agree but if someone just gets the ball rolling hopefully the momentum will take on a life of its own.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a good day.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
St louis is an hour and a half from me. Do we have any members closer? Does anyone really want this red neck to check out hotels, etc? :groan: I'd be glad to.

I also could make Denver if it was on a weekend or at least partially on a weekend! I so hope I can make it/them this year!!!

JJJ

I coordinated our family reunion in St. Louis last summer. It'd be easy for me to pull it together for this.

Are we going with St. Louis or are we going to do a 2nd vote with just Chicago and St. Louis to pick one???

witzend

I would change my vote to Denver from Portland if it seemed like there might be some interest. How about a second poll for those who voted for other West Coast cities? ie: If you voted for Portland, Vegas, Seattle, etc would you change your vote to Denver if there were any real possibility that it might happen there, or would you not attend? I think that in that case, Denver would at least tie if not win.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It sounds as if we need to new votes. A West Coast vote and a St. Louis/Chicago vote.

For the ST.L/Chi, it would be helpful to know which area has less expensive hotel rates/airfares. Does anyone know? JJJ?

Suz

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
My husband thinks that it is the ultimate irony that members of this board would consider going to Vegas, a place which symbolizes a lack of control and boundaries.:faint:

slsh

member since 1999
:rofl: 3S!!! But you know... what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :whew:

There was a board get together there several years ago, and (from what I understand anyway) the city was still standing when the CD parents left. ;)

As far as Chicago and where to stay, color me clueless. I can only recommend hospitals and RTCs, LOL. I'm pretty sure you guys *don't* want to come to my neck of the woods, LOL. We're blue-collar declining into suburban decay, complete with- tagging and other sordid signs. The city itself is beautiful - esp in the summer. Navy Pier, Museum of Science and Industry, Field museum, Buckingham Fountain, Lincoln Park Zoo (free), Art Institute, and of course the gorgeous lake. Just a quick check, it looks like Fri-Sun downtown in July is going to run at least $250? But I don't travel and I probably don't know the best way to find room rates. Hopefully JJJ has a better feel for accommodations and what areas would be good.

St. Louis is foreign to me now - I used to be live a few blocks from Anheuser Busch, but it's been so long I just wouldn't even know where to begin to look. I could ask Mom, but she's gotten very conservative in her old age and I'm not sure how reliable her impressions are anymore. Anything outside of her community is the "bad" part of town, LOL.

This was my first thought for St. Louis - http://www.westportstl.com/

It's not in the city proper, is out west, but very close to Airport. Looks like the Sheraton there runs about $100 a night - but I don't know anything about group rates or if that would make a difference.

Nancy

slsh, I love Chicago. easy child and I went there a few years back during her college spring break and we had a blast, in spite of her having mono and it being a blizzard when we left Ohio. You have tea shops downtown called Argo Tea I believe. We stumbled in there after seeing Wicked because easy child's throat was killing her. It was delicious and we spent the next two days walking around the city stopping in every Argo Tea Shop we found. We loved Navy Pier and the Kidney Bean and Lincoln Park. Your downtown area is much more vibrant than ours.

Nancy

slsh

member since 1999
Well, TM - when does your snow melt (July, August)? :rofl: Seems like all I ever hear about Buffalo is you've gotten another umpteen feet of lake effect snow.

BusynMember

I'm very shy in person and have no idea if I'd actually have the guts to show up, but if it's in Chicago, that's so close, I may do it. Can we bring along grown kids? My ex-difficult child daughter who turned her life around lives in the Chicago burbs. I'd feel braver if she came with.

Lothlorien

Tm is right...this year we got dumped on, but it is all gone.

When are you all planning this for? I suppose that is the key question for me. I am going to be in Chicago in July again. I can extend my stay for a day or two if it is the right time.