CD Reunion - Southeast People ?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I'm just wondering if there's anyone else here in the Georgia, Carolina, Florida area who cannot make it out to Chicago?

Maybe we could do a "Mini Meetup" in Atlanta, Charlotte, Columbia something like that... ?

What do you think?

TerryJ2

I'll go! I can fly directly from my home to Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; New Orleans; and a few other places.

I'm still commenting on other threads, too, just to confuse myself. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would like that - MUCH easier to get to Atlanta! Count me in on that. Myrtle Beach, Columbia also options. Bloody hot - but just an idea....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, let's see...

Terry is flexible

PG is near Atlanta
Star is near Columbia
I am near Augusta....which is about halfway between....

Who else is in the area / interested ? Maybe we could figure out everyone's locations and pick a destination in the middle ?

LittleDudesMom

I think I would consider a mini meet up - I'm in central va - about an hour north of Terry. If we did Charlotte I could drive - about five hours from here. I would rather not spend the money on a flight - Atlanta would be a long 10 hour drive for me. Columbia is a 6 hour drive for me. I think fall would be nice, but I am a little looser schedule wise in the summer (even though it would be brutal hot!!) But it's brutal hot here too......

Sharon

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Let's see...

Charlotte IS a major airport hub.

bby31288 - would you be driving or flying? I think Charlotte would be a heck of a drive from NO.

busywend

Since I can not make the Chicago weekend, am still waiting to see if Vegas wins the West Coast, count me in for a possible to the Southeast gathering!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Charlotte would be closest to those coming from the North going South -
Closest to Janet coming from NC
About the same (I think) for Daisy to go from her to their or Atlanta????
Farther for me than Columbia, but that's okay if it helps others HOWEVER - there IS a zoo here - lol (and they have a giraffe) not quite a donkey
Terry could fly into Charlotte
Buzy - cheaper Charlotte than NV
bb312XX - NewOrleans - Driving - Columbia would be closer - Flying - Columbia or Charlotte would be a central hub
Pats Girl - ahhhhhh see Atlanta would be good for her, Columbia good for me, Charlotte the compromise hub....still not too far away for a flight cheap.
Although -
Siesta Key is LOVELY ----if anyone wanted to go to the GULF...then we have to worry about hurricanes..and all THAT business.

Also - Tiapet is in Virginia too - (lurker) lol

LDM - cheaper Charlotte than NV - to fly and if it ends up being Columbia - it's an hour more....

klmno

I could probably do someplace in VA, NC, maybe SC or other areas (not NOLA- not exactly SE) pretty easily- assuming I could get off work a day. Depending on the weekend, I might be in the area anyway- I have FL scheduled for latter part of May, I think. Wash., Difficult Child would be a great meet up place, too, as Terry suggested on another thread. It's a little more expensive but a great place to spend time. I went once for July 4th and that was a great experience.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Charlotte or Columbia - either works for me - and Both have Major airports. Columbia would probably have cheaper hotels (an after thought) but either would be okay. There is an amusement park if ya'll wanted to do that! FUN! lots of walking. There is a zoo here....small zoo in columbia. Close hotels.

DammitJanet

Since it appears I am wanted in Vegas...lol....as long as we dont do this that same time I can make anywhere you wanna go in my area. I can go to VA easily. Difficult Child is great and I can take Star with me to any place you guys decide, so she has a ride no problem there. Myrtle Beach would be great if you wanna do a short weekend in the fall. Really! I lived there for years and Kat is right there too. That would be just about 5 hours for both sharon and terry. I actually am not a huge Charlotte fan unless we are going to see the Panthers play...lol. I cannot stand that city...sorry Charlotte. Lived here a long time and still dont like the Queen City. Lots of traffic and bad roads....lol. NC has much more to offer!

My suggestion, even though all would be about the same distance, would be Myrtle. Pretty, lots of stuff to do, and if you bring hubby's or kids, they will be entertained. In the fall, prices are quite reasonable.

DammitJanet

shari...I didnt realize that! Tell ya what, since it appears I am gonna be wandering to MO at least a time or two, why dont you come here and go see your grandbaby!

I swear I am going to go into the worst depression ever when Keyana leaves but I will be even worse when school starts and she doesnt return them. Im still hoping they are too much for her alone. First time she has ever taken care of all three without me or her momma right there to step in.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I didn't realize Keyana was coming to mo for sure. Do let me know when you'll be coming. About 3 hours will put anywhere but the very corners... My daughter in law and grandbaby are there while difficult child 1 is deployed. I had planned to go out over christmas, but those plans got changed!