CD Super Bowl Party

Andy

Is it too soon to start setting up for our own Super Bowl party?

I am going to sneak difficult child's cookies, nachos, and root beer floats to bring. I plan on working 3:00 - 9:00 so will set up a t.v. in my office and float in and out to help enjoy the food (that is what the party is really about - food?)

I think I will be missing the commercials again this year.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like fun! I'll bring a hot artichoke dip and also some cold shrimp and cocktail sauce! This year I'll be much more interested in the commercials than the game!

Fran

Former desparate mom
We are doing Manwich sandwiches. We love them and only eat them once or twice a year.

K

Kjs

well, SuperBowl is much more fun when the Packers play. But, since husband is from Pittsburgh and has the boys routing for them I have to cheer them on also.

only, I'll be cheering them on from my bed. Hopefully I'll be sleeping.

DammitJanet

I am coming to the party! I will bring Tony's famous venison kabobs. They are chunks of venison wrapped in bacon with shrimp grilled on skewers. YUM!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband is from the Pittsburgh area, so he's got Steelers in his blood. He's got the boys all rev'd up about the game. easy child just scratches her head and says what's the big deal, it's just a football game. :p

She and I may sneak out to see a late matinee and leave the testosterone-infused atmosphere...

But for YOU all... I'll bring some strawberry margaritas... with whole fresh California grown strawberries that are in season right now fresh from the fruit stand!

K

Kjs

:cheerleader: :fan:

have a Great SuperBowl Day.

And yes......it's about the food. (kind of short on the food icons)

:morecrackers:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK my options are going to a get together with a family of Native Zoney's Die hard Cardinal fans!
Which is fine cause that is who we will be rooting fer'... but they are our only friends here so far, we have the major difficult child link.
SO it is going to be, 3 kids all with major issues. Running circles around each other.
While we *watch* the game. Ha Ha
Their kid is an extreme difficult child. Even by our standards! I honestly like him though.
So if I got to honestly choose going to watch a game with my family, oh and did I mention K has been up since 5 and she is becoming manic and having racing thoughts?
Um, or go to a CD Super-Bowl Party... Please count me in!!!

I am making Jalapeno Poppers and Buffalo Wings!

4sumrzn

I think I will bring grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches & beer. I really want shrimp & crab....don't have any to bring though :(

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - I'm a Browns fan......and I confess I haven't seen a game ALL year.

But yesterday I had to ask WHO is playing. A lady behind me at the grocery store said The Steelers and the Cardinals.

I stood there looking like "Well I'm smarter than THAT ........duhh.......the Cardinals are a baseball team." and EVERYONE WENT CRAZY laughing.

WHEN IN THE BLUE MOON DID St. Louis become the ARizona Cardinals and stop playing baseball and take up football?

CRIPES times ARE bad when you have to play pro sports year round JUST to keep food on the table......

I walked out feeling fairly sheepish.

This entire week at work I had to dress in black and gold because my boss is a Steelers fan. (I only like the Eagles) He said we could have a dress down week as long as we wore those colors. I'm not too interested in the game, but I love a party! I'll bring Philly soft pretzels and hoagies! -Alyssa

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am off to a real time superbowl party, but before I leave am passing out those Terrible Towels and some Iron City Beer (I know they don't make it anymore but it IS a cyber party)

Am looking forward to being the only Steeler Fan today, and I do have my Terrible Towel with me to waive. :)

Marcie

donna723

Not that I wouldn't enjoy the lovely company, but I'd better stay home. Don't want to be the only party poop! I'm a diehard baseball fan (a game I understand and that makes sense to me!) - I LOATHE football! Reminds me too much of my ex. All I have to do is hear that opening music and I can almost smell the beer fumes, and I get this creepy feeling that if I turn around, THERE HE'LL BE sitting on the sofa, beer can in one hand and remote control in the other! :sick:

I won't say that I 'watch' the Super Bowl but I do have it on every year ... just for the commercials. I read the paper or a book during the game and then watch just the commercials. I don't want to be the only one at work the next day who didn't see them.

K

Kjs

STAR - LOL...ROFL...I am really into football and baseball and forced into Hockey. But, I have to comment. St. Louis Cardinals - baseball has been around since the 1900's. St. Louis Cardinals Football team left St. Louis in 1987 and moved to Arizona.
Then in 1995 the Rams moved into St. Louis