Celebrate with me!

Lothlorien

As of June 25, it will have been one complete year since Missy has had a full blown rage. Last year, she was having the worst rages and we are talking room destroying, holes in the walls, glass smashing rages. I am so grateful those days appear to be over!

Will you all breathe a sigh of relief with me?

Lothlorien

Jeppy, it was a combination of things. Dealing with some of her triggers, like homework, but putting her in an after-care program at school, which allows them to do homework with the help of a teacher. The after care program also allows her to play with her friends on those days and keeps her occupied. The other two days a week she has other activities. I only have to deal with homework one day a week.

The very last major blow up she had, I videotaped the aftermath of it and showed her docs. They finally got it. They placed her on Risperdal to help control the aggression.

I also had a psychologist come to my home once a week who really helped me a lot.

She is still a difficult child and still has some issues.....but the fact that the rages are in control makes life a whole lot better and I'm able to deal with the difficult child issues for what they are and I don't want to crumple after dealing with four hours of screaming and trashing her room. There is a lot to celebrate about. I don't need antidepressants anymore, like I did when she was at her worst.

jannie

trying to survive....
:bravo::cheers:I am so happy for you and for difficult child !! What a relief for you that you can live your life without being on eggshells. I bet night time routine is a bit better as well since the risperdal also helps with sleep.

After care has also been our savior. I just wrote an end of the year thank you note to the staff at his daycare thanking them for so many things, including making my life easier ! I am grateful to them for the structure they provide and the built in activities all afternoon.

I'm glad you are feeling better too!

Star*

call 911........call 911
GALE FORCE exhale here Loth -

Way To Go Miss MISSY~!!!! VERY VERY PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT!

M

ML

This is terrific and I am there with you in spirit. I would have to agree that homework battles are a huge trigger here as well and paying a tutor to sit with him at daycare is worth every penny. Hugs, ML

klmno

Wow! Congratulations to Duckie and you! That really is quite an accomplishment.

So, will you be ready for a male difficult child, 15yo, around March of next year? He's good at handyman chores and yardwork.

graceupongrace

Sigh of relief? :peaceful: That deserves a big cheer!

Love to hear these stories, as I'm still measuring success in much smaller increments of time.

Congratulations!