Cell phone for SUPER easy texting....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Last week when Wee was with my mom, she said she caught him a couple of times with her cell phone trying to text me, so she wondered if he might try texting if he had a phone available.

We're grasping at anything to motivate the child once we get some real support in place for him at school. Its worth looking into, anyway.

So....do phones exist with a simple standard keyboard that isn't microscopic and is very easy to use?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Samsung Flight........is tiny and hard to use, and I've had to grow thumb nails to "txt" -

I got my Mom an LG slider with a slightly larger keyboard and she LOVES it. I think it's a Tempest or something like that. There's always on screen texting with any touch phone that has that ability. The blackberry storm is AWEsome for that.

susiestar

Roll With It
On screen texting can get really frustrating if you have oily or sticky fingers. You might look for an older blackerry or if they still make one that is wider than the usual phone. I do much better with husband's old blackberry than with my lg neon. I do like the neon for many things though. If you get him one, don't pick just by color. I have a blue/grey neon and the letters are MUCH easier to see than on Jessie's green and white one.

Maybe check the AARP and arthritis foundation websites to see if they recommend one, or have an adaptive accessory.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I find texting my iPhone to be much easier than on my old button phone. The keyboard pops up and it even has auto correct spell, which can be a blessing or not so much (if you're trying to use slang it will auto correct). The screen can become smudgy, however, after some use. I'm constantly wiping it down. difficult child has a slide out thingy on her cell and she said she likes that better than the touch screen.

Mom2oddson

The new droid has voice texting. It texts what you say, if you can speak loud enough and clear enough. My friends voice is too soft for it to work for her, but her husband loves it.

JJJ

Any of the ones that have a full qwerty keyboard are good. I like the enV2.

Tigger really loves being able to text and it is definitely motivating him to learn new words. (Course, I don't answer when says "I'm texting my brother. How do you spell butthead?"

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Onyxx and husband both had the enV2 and the open-and-close motion broke the hinges within a couple of months.

I have a Samsung Gravity that I absolutely adore - Onyxx HAD one, I took it back (EXPENSIVE PHONE) in December. BFF liked mine so much he got a used Gravity too. He has big hands, so the phone he had (teensy thing) wasn't working for him. He loves the Gravity, though. (Oh yeah - he's very good at fumble-fingering the keys, too - so it HAD to be good.)

Of course - we are on T-Mobile...