Cell phone question - How do you ...

slsh

member since 1999
... tell the difference between getting hung up on and the caller losing a signal?

thank you :angrydude:called to call me more lovely names today and then blame me for his choices (lather, rinse, repeat). I was waiting for him to head into round 2, but all I was hearing was kind of a fuzzy noise. I waited (thought maybe he was catching his breath) and finally asked if he was there. No response. Just to cover my posterior, I hung on until I got that annoying beeping sound.

He wasn't cut off in mid sentence (unfortunately) which makes me think he hung up on me. If he did, it was rather anticlimatic. Just doesn't have the same effect as slamming a phone down. :talkhand:

everywoman

LOL---don't know how to tell. Maybe his hot air interrupted reception. What a great attitude you have with this. But sometimes all we can do is laugh!

That's the worst thing about not having rotary phones anymore. You can't slam a cordless or a cell phone down into the cradle then you are mad. Really all you can do, erm, is push the end button with authority or something.

Anyways, Slsh, I don't know that there is a way to tell how a call ended. But then a call to your provider would not hurt, who knows?

smallworld

Sue, I have Verizon for cell phone service, and when a call is lost, the message "Signal lost" (or something like that) flashes up on the screen. Have you ever seen such a message on your cell phone?

meowbunny

I have Verizon and only once did I get the signal lost in about 10 years of service but I know several times that the calls have been dropped, not anyone hanging up. So far as I know, there is no way to tell unless you know the person well and know when they're about to hang up in a power play. My daughter is good at that one. Doesn't bother me since it beats hearing the yap, yap, yap and I certainly don't mind not wasting the minutes on her tirades.

susiestar

Roll With It
Not sure how to tell if it was lost signal or not, but for the whole anti-climactic, can't slam the phone down, a whistle really gets the point across! I had one by each phone for a while when we were getting some idiot heavy breathing and later saying gross things. I say idiot because we traced it to a land line at a fraternity, LOL!

They REALLY hated the whistle when I blew it into the phone.