Cgfg is here with her new switchblade

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well ain't that just peachy.

I'm not so sure about the legality of them either.

Regardless..........I think said switchblade would suddenly come up missing.

Guess Stepdad will have to be reconsidered for parent of the year. geez

DammitJanet

I had to re-read that title...lol. I did read it right!

You guys wont believe this...or most probably you will...but I smuggled a switchblade into the US from Italy when I was 15...lmao. I went to Rome on a school trip and I bought one from a street vendor. I thought it was cool so I hid it in a kotex pad and brought it right on home!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
They are still very illegal here.

husband was calm, but said she really didn't needy keep it. I told him it needed to GO and it needed to go immediately and Wee needed to see us make a big deal of it going away. Last thing we need is him going to school announcing his sister has a switchblade. husband wasn't as passionate, but he agreed.

Cgfg did not object to getting rid of it once we told her it was illegal. husband turned it into the local cops.

Later he called cgfg's mom. She's ******. I don't care, but more importantly, neither did husband. Her mom wanted it back. husband said no...they always give her the stuff back when he tried to parent her and he wanted this was gone. If they wanted her to have one, buy her another and keep it there. She said they'd used cgfg's money to buy it. husband said he'd give her the money back.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ya know, I just remembered Cgfg told me at pt that she had a cool new knife to show me, but she couldn't show me there. Hmmmm. Did she know? Or did she just not want to bring it into pt?

susiestar

Roll With It
I think that you were exactly right to make this a big issue and to make sure Wee saw it was a big issue. In some states finding out you allowed your child to have a switchblade can cost you custody of a child. It is take to show that you do not intend to raise the child to respect the laws. I only know this because divorce arguments are not private - anyone in court can hear what is going on. So it was an issue with another couple when I was there for gfgbro's divorce (I had to be there to discuss the call to cps.) A man had given his elementary age son one and the mother had her attorney turn it over to the cops so it was documented that the dad gave it to him with a card that said to not show your mother or teachers. Our state mandates shared parenting for ALL divorced couples unless one party is unfit - well this was apparently the last straw because the dad was put on supervised visitation every other week for no less than one year.

But that would mean you had cgfg all the time and that would not be good for any of you.

Have you asked cgfg how it is a gift from her stepdad if they used her money to buy it? Don't answer the question, just ask things like that now and then. It is only fair to give her mother some of the grief this koi gives you. And it will start to get cgfg to think on her own about things.

what idiots her mother and stepfool are. That is not a stepdad or a man, it is a stepfool.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHHHHH GOODIE!!!!!!!!!!!! TIME FOR A TRIP TO THE POLICE STATION!!!!!!!! YOU know so you can have CGFG show off her knew TOY to officer ARRESTTHE JERK!

GOSH - can you counter the idiots gift with a 500,000 volt taser and show her how to put it up to his neck while he's napping?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I told husband he could probably use this as means to file for custody. Honestly, tho, Susie, you're right...I don't want to have to deal with her unless mom contact is severely limited...sorry...but it's true

And yup....mr officer got the knife. Said he was gonna put it in evidence and destroy it. Her mom was furious. husband told her to take it up with the law. I'm sure there will be retaliation...I just didn't want wee spouting off about it.

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm glad the officer got it - and I can't BELIEVE a Mother was furious that a child had a switchblade that was taken away - she is an idiot. I'm glad he got pictures of it. I bet she wasn't counting on ya'll taking it to the law. That's what she's furious about. MOE rhon. (Still - I think my idea was clever - you know send the kid back with a shocking gift) sheesh.......is this family related to Daddy Disney?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sure not, and I swear, if wee hadn't seen it, it wouldn't have been as big a deal. But as I've said before
And I'll say again. It's just time before juvie is involved again....we don't need that *stuff*

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well I'm just trying to figure out what dinglasling buys her to TOP a switchblade.....A handgun? He is an idiot. With a capital Dot.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I told them all I don't care what they buy here....just keep
It at mommy's. (and fwiw, I do care...but I can't do anything about it, 'cept keep my distance)

But yeah...what idiot does that? (although I'd also bet the greenhouse at mommy's raised more than
Tomatoes)