Cgfg just text me

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Shari, be prepared for bio to refuse to allow her ANY CONTACT AT ALL with you and husband.

Does he have court orders stating visitation? If so - y'all can go get cgfg with the police, though they may say it is a "civil matter" and refuse.

BUT - that will be more ammo in court!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
If she could find a way to keep getting money without husband ever seeing that child, she'd do it in a heartbeat. She already kept her from him over a year... And I've said before that she would send cgfg to stay with her ex husband instead of letting her stay with us for any "extra" time.

Im still wondering if we shouldn't approach this outside the court avenue to start with. Maybe still go ahead and file, but at least not throw it at her completely unaware. Its gonna **** her off to no end...if we broach the subject in advance, we at least wouldn't have the blindside factor ****ing her off, also. I may call her ex and ask him his thoughts. My other concern is if her parents know in advance and know we aren't and won't take cgfg from them, maybe they won't help fund the battle...and I'm counting on her "lack of money" to fight this.

InsaneCdn

Run all that past the lawyer.
Generally, if it can be done out of court, its better for everybody including cgfg.
BUT... you don't want the steps you take now, to end up messing up the court case later, if you need to go that far.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Shari... From personal experience...

DON'T.

Once she is served - call them and tell them - "We're not taking cgfg away. She wants to live here primarily, so we're helping her with that. She will be able to visit you anytime. What can we do to make it easier for YOU?"

Bio's brother and mother (and best friend, LOL) seem to understand that we're not keeping the kids from them. Never have, never will.

Star*

call 911........call 911
GRAB YER TORCH AND PITCH FORK.....OMG THIS IS REALLY GETTING GOOD. ER BAD.......NO GOOD.......ERRRRRRR BAD. WAIT DID i SAY UNDER A BRIDGE? SILLY STAR......I MEANT SWAMP.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
IC - we did. He said file first, hire the mediator immediately after its filed.

I'm hoping we can have a clue when its served so we'll know and can do just that. I'm also worried about husband's family meddling. I think I will tell husband to tell his family to stay out. Tell them at first its likely cgfg will be kept away, but their involvement around that will likely affect the outcome in the end.

Star - thanks. I need the laughs. I am stressed about this.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Our county has a website with CourtView - if you can find it, since it will likely be under the original divorce case number, then you can check daily to see - it will say Service Successful or somesuch.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I plan to. Except since husband filed the original case, and it had to include paternity, its not public information.

DammitJanet

Im getting a life lesson. I am really worried about what is going to happen when the court papers arrive myself. I fully expect hell to open. We are not trying to take Keyana away though we wouldnt be adverse to that happening. We just want the visitation that she promised when she left. Holidays and 6 weeks in the summer. But we definitely need to get all this done through the courts and in writing now so it cant go on with her threatening anymore.

Oh, the phone. Some dollar stores have them but I got mine at Walmart and they had the simple 10 buck phone there. If not you can probably just look it up online and order it from there. Sometimes you cant find the cheapest one at the stores. Or hit ebay for the little candy bar phone.

keista

Here you can see all the actions in a case, but the files themselves can only be viewed in person.

You can always call the office of whoever you hired to do the service. My husband was served within 2 days of that Sheriff's dept getting the service request, but their notice of service got lost in the mail and I had to ask them to send a copy to me so I could file it with the Clerk. Whole ordeal took over a month to view online.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
That's what I meant - you can see that so-and-so was served, but not the actual document unless you have a login (ie, lawyer).

Bio liked to vanish when she saw process servers coming, so it took WEEKS to get her served. Had her served at the courthouse once!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Janet, I hear you and I feel for you, too. I feel in both cases, this is necessary, however, its NOT comfortable AT ALL. I am a non-confrontational person. I'll stand my ground if I need to, and I'm stubborn as all get out, but that doesn't mean I like confrontation. And this is going to bring confrontation. LOTS of it. I'm sure.

I'll stop in Walmart tomorrow. Papers won't be filed until next week, but I'll find a phone. I may have one of cgfg's friends actually buy the phone and have it to give to her. That keeps me out of it.

Cases that involve paternity suits here are private. I will just have to ask the lawyer to let us know when it is served so we will know to make our damage control calls. Ugh.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I also know that bio's hubby has been served more than once and cgfg and the other kids were instructed to hide from the deputy and pretend no one was home.

When the papers were served on bio for husband's case, they were served to her mom's, and bio claimed to not get them (yet she appeared in court on that date...hm?) so we also know to make sure she gets served herself...May have to have her served at work. Won't unless she dodges, but if that's what's gotta be done, so be it.

DammitJanet

shari....you can buy the phone with cash and the little minute card with cash. Then you just load it over the little telephone itself. I dont think you have to give a real name if you dont want to but you could probably just give hers. Billy put the minutes on Keyana's phone for me so I assume its in my name. I know I used my debit card to buy it.

InsaneCdn

Janet...
Maybe I need some of your drugs. Or maybe I just need to go to bed.
But I read what you just posted, as...
I imagine Shari will hear Sonic go boom and will alert us!​
and I'm trying to figure out...
1) why Sonic would go boom, and
2) what that has to do with Shari.

Rewind. Reread.

OH. Ya. It could be a pretty big "boom", you're right. She might not even have to tell us!