Cgfg's grandma came to get her ipod this morning.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
They live no more than 2 miles away.

They won't drive over to pick up her homework or anything she leaves behind.

They won't bring over anything she left there and needs here.

They won't drive over to drop off or pick up cgfg (we transport both ways).

Grandma wouldn't even drive over to pick up clothes that I offered to give her when cgfg's mom's house was so cluttered that grandma couldn't find cgfg's clothes to wash them, and Grandma called asking if we had any clothes for her 'cause she was out of clean clothes (grandma goes into mom's house during the day and picks up cgfg's clothes from the floor and washes them. I know this because grandma complains to us about having to do it.)

They won't drive over to deliver cookie dough or pizza cgfg sells to us.

In the past 8 years, grandma has been here 4 or 5 times. Most to drop off medicine (shocked she drove that over). Once to get water during an electrical outage (they have a well with an electric pump, so they had no water - and after 30+ years living in this community, they had no other friends to get water from, so they have to come to their daughter's ex'es house), and today. To get that stupid ipod.

And she argued with me about how long we've had the goat. Because she's not seen it, we couldn't have had it for 5 or 6 years. And I'd better pen it up because its going to get hit on the road. Never mind its been free range for all of that time. (Really? Cause we have had it that long, and it has been free range all but about 4 weeks of that time. I have photos of cgfg holding its babies when Wee was 3. You are really not standing at my door, arguing with me, about how long we have owned a stupid goat....no..just not possible).

Another time she was here, both big boys lived at home and were driving, plus their cousins were here visiting, and she was griping about my used car lot in the driveway. Uh, yeah, woman in large black pointy hat...Those would be my kids' cars. Remember, I have more than one, and, oh yeah, they LIVE here? Because they WANT to. Unlike your driving-age grand-daughter...who left to live with her not-wealthy father instead of you all...

SO glad they have their priorities over there.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And I wish, 20 years ago, when I was just a "friend" (term used loosely because as a group, we tolerated her...husband was the friend...), I'd have said the same thing. They amaze me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think this is a strange woman -

She wears a black pointy hat and rides a goat, never takes a bath but once every 30 years because she doesn't know how to hook up an electric well because her only driving age granddaughter lives with her poor Father?

Gimme her address. I'll send her some soap. And a goat saddle...................and some roller blades in case her knuckles drag the ground while riding that goat.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Star, you're a little mixed up, but the point remains, these people are strange. Literally, I have yet to meet anyone in this community that knows them and doesn't roll their eyes when they are mentioned. My best friend is a cousin if theirs. We were probably friends for 5 years before she had the guts to tell me they were related.

Jena

i'm sorry i dont' mean to laugh yet that last line made me laugh out loud, difficult child screamed from bedroom what are you laughing at??!!!

oh you have patience is all i can say!!