Ch. 7 Bankruptcy...Anyone else have to do it?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Several times over the years, every time due to medical bills there was just no way we could pay.............except the last time when having katie with us pushed us over the edge into it. Do I feel bad over it? Nope, not really. In a bad year just I alone could easily rack up several hundred thousands of dollars in medical bills........WITH insurance. I can't help that.

The relief once it was done was HUGE.

M

ML

Yes, I did it when I got divorced from ex. He was so irresponsible and ran us into the ground and the only way I could detach myself from his actions was to sever all financial obligations. Long story. I have no regrets and would do it again given the same situation. I think you're doing the only thing you can do and I hope you feel a great sense of relief once you file.

susiestar

Roll With It
It should be a big relief. husband and I had to do credit counselling a few years back and it was hugely helpful. I know a lot of people who have done this and it helps in the long run. My idiot gfgbro and his wife filed but she refused to put her medical bills into the bankruptcy because as a nurse it is hard to get a job with a medical bankruptcy. I am not sure why she worried as she cannot keep a job more than a month or so anyway until she truly beats her addictions. Handing out medications is too much of a temptation for her and she ends up sliding and getting into trouble and being fired. Because of her medical bills they di dnot get substantial relief and she tried to make gfgbro responsible for most of her medical bills even though they were from years, even decades before they met. She actually tried to make him responsible for half of the bills from the birth of her second child - born 14 years before they met!

Be sure to put ALL of the bills into the bankruptcy. You will work your way back from this. You have tried for so long to handle all of these bills, and it is time to recognize that you just can't. in my opinion parents of special needs kids should get financial help from the govt because the huge costs associated with making sure they have all of the things they need to become productive citizens. Lots of us have had to live in 1 income families because the kids need so much from us that we cannot also hold jobs and meet their needs.

I know it is scary and hard. (((((hugs)))))

KTMom91

Hubby and I both have had to file, years ago, before we were married. Now, since I have the house, I was reluctant, and we just let stuff go to collections. I know our credit is horrible, but we're slowly working on building it back up.