Champagne Tastes, Beer Budget (Holiday Shopping Support!)

DammitJanet

I saw a set on sale...ones I drool over. Those new ones a pair for 699 I think but I cant remember where. Has to be somewhere that shows on my TV so it would be Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, maybe Hrgregg, does best buy do appliances still? They used to. Could have been a local furniture store but normally they are higher for appliances. I am thinking it was Sears.

klmno

If you see it again, please PM me. Landlord told me to do whatever I wanted with this set- I think I'll list them on CL for free if someone can pickup. I just don't want to pay to get rid of them.

InsaneCdn

Check out "scratch and dent" specials, too... most of these are minor damage that isn't hard to live with... like a scratch down the side, where you're not really going to see it anyway!

DammitJanet

I did that at Circuit City when it was still open. I got the most amazing deal on a dishwasher. It was a $700 dishwasher but the bottom kickplate was missing so it was marked down to $79. Stainless steel inside, pot scrubber, the works. My kids killed it. Actually it was Jamie's first girlfriend. I didnt notice but when I told her that she didnt have to rinse the plates she took that to mean she didnt have to scrape off the plates. She put them in with bones and all and broke the motor so badly it couldnt be fixed. The thing is just sitting in my kitchen taking up space because it almost burned my house down.

klmno

Good idea- I got a couple of things at a Sears scrath and dent outlet in the town I used to live in. The deals weren't as good as the ones you're mentioning, DJ, but still, a couple of hundred bucks helps. Especially after I just spent over 500 on an unexpected car repair and approx 850 paying off difficult child's restitution.

DammitJanet

Oh I know Step...I was so darned happy with that dishwasher. I hadnt had one in forever. Not since I left my parents home. oh wait...I did rent one apt that had one for a year. But other than that, I was without a dishwasher until I bought this new one. Oh it was wonderful. it had one of those little grinders at the bottom to deal with small bits of food left on plates but certainly not a full disposal which was what this girl thought. But I wouldnt put bones down a sink disposal either. She literally put plates in the dishwasher with chicken bones, steak bones, all kinds of bones still on the plates.

susiestar

Roll With It
Be SURE to check local museums for classes, etc.... I just found a class in basic digital photography for kids 10-13 that is just $15. It is one day, but an awesome experience gift. I may even have husband give thank you and his buddy a trip to go find certain rocks in a state park. A rock hound told me where to find it, and that it is really pretty and no one minds if you mine a little (I checked with the rangers to be sure.) I think they would love it.

Also check the hospital gift shops. Some prices are crazy high, but most also have crazy cheap stuff too. Beware at the Dollar Store - it isn't always a bargain.