Charges unfounded

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, the CPS **** is over. Or according to the lady from social services, it is. Haven't received the letter yet.
Thank goodness.
easy child told them it was an accident. When they asked for what I saw, I also told them it was an accident and when I told them the kind of gun it was and that pretty much sealed the deal, she said she'd be sending a letter out saying the incident was unfounded and offering other areas of service.
She also said she had not contacted easy child's mom yet, but would be. I played like we didn't think mom turned it and and said we were concerned that the relationship with mom was already strained and this could really push it over the edge, could she be sure to reiterate the "unfounded" part so mom wouldn't try to limit contact or anything and the CPS lady assured me that mom already knew. Hmmmm.
Thanks for the good thoughts for that part, anyway.
Now to see what we can do to use this to HELP this situation...

klmno

could she be sure to reiterate the "unfounded" part so mom wouldn't try to limit contact or anything and the CPS lady assured me that mom already knew.

I wonder if that means it wasn't mom that called them after all??

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Before she said this, the lady had said she had not been in contact with mom yet, yet assured me that mom DID know about it and that if the visit last night wasn't a problem, the weekend shouldn't be either.

I don't think mom placed the actual call. My money's on grandma, at mom's request. It used to be in MO if you wanted to report abuse on an ex, you had to have a 3rd party involved to make the call, to limit "spite" calls. If you placed a call, your info was taken by an operator and then handed off to an investigator, and the child was the first person contacted. Its been a long time, so that may have changed, but who knows.

And maybe I'm wrong. Maybe mom didn't call it in. Maybe grandma cancelled her vacation for some other reason and mom suddenly decided to do some stuff with easy child just cause it needed to be done.

We can hope. (and I truly do hope that part, at least, continues)

Last edited:

meowbunny

So, what other services do you think they might be offering? That sounds like it might have some promise considering how Mom is so opposed to anything that might help her daughter.

Sometimes CPS involvement is not a bad thing. This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

witzend

I'm flummoxed. How is it that they didn't call mom yet, but mom already knew it was unfounded? Grannies a real winner if she did this... :mad:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Mb, I'm not sure, they are sending us info.

Witz, I am so bad at explaining things...we said we were concerned that mom would fly off if she found out CPS was involved. The lady assured us mom already knew CPS was involved, even tho she hadn't been contacted yet - not that she knew the charges were unfounded. Make more sense?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Bunch of sheep - they can all go get flocked.

baaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaa.

Trying to use my farm life euphemisms for your benefit.

Saying she is a toad, just not as gassy.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Document this and save for any future problems...... also good that it was dropped so quickly, makes it easier to show "spite" feelings are in the air........ No use thinking about who was behind this, just move forward and give your time and efforts to your family........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
When dealing with manipulative evil ex's............document, document, document.

Glad cps saw it for the bull it was. :D

Hugs