Chat room???

klmno

I saw it in red so clicked on it but I just got another window opened showing the typical forum list. Call me stupid, but what is this and how does it work? I mean, I know what a chat room is but is this supposed to just open up another window showing the list of categories?

busywend

I will check with runawaybunny. I knew she was making some updates to make the site load faster, but I do not believe she was turning on Chat Rooms.

Will get back to you.

R

runawaybunny

We have a chat room set up and ready to go, but before enabling it I want to get the site set up so that the pages are loading quickly.

A couple of mods have recently experienced slow page loads and difficultly logging in. I am unable to replicate this on my end so it's difficult for me to figure out what is causing these issues. It could be a regional issue coming from our content delivery network, or it could be something else.

Anyone else experiencing slow page loads or difficulty logging into the site?

H

HaoZi

A few days ago I had a problem with it always taking me to the first post instead of the most recent unread, though that seems to have resolved itself. I have noticed a slow-down in loading, but it's sporadic now (I thought it was my comp).

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Mostly, and just in the last little bit, I've noticed a delay in posting... If I Alt-Tab to another window, then come back, it's done. Otherwise I wait, and wait...

R

runawaybunny

I'm going to do a server work tonight to see if I can shake out whatever is sticking and hanging the page loads up.

I'm also going to move us to a new ip in case there is a conflict between our server and our cdn so there may be a little down time while the DNS updates around the internet. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will help speed up the page loads.

DammitJanet

I used to know what you were saying but now you are talking greek...lmao. Somewhere I lost my mind. Has anyone seen it?