Check it out! Book Trailer

M

Mamaof5

My very first book trailer. I've been itching to play with a book trailer and see what it turns out to be. Look at me ...weee I am so on a roll today.

2k+ writing, a new book trailer and I'm aiming on redo for the book cover (I know I work backwards lol)

Just thought I'd share an accomplishment because the last few posts (save for nano one) I've been a party pooper for my threads...

Last edited:
H

HaoZi

It's not working backwards, it's doing it in the order that works for you. :)
Nice work.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awesome! :)

I write for fun.........no nix that........I write for fun and because it's an addiction. (no one warned me it was addicting) I don't write like other writers normally do, which tended to really drive English teachers and professors nuts. I don't do outlines, I don't do character workups. Not that I don't have a pretty good idea of characters before I get started in my mind. But those develop while I'm writing, as does the plot often times. I write the way a person reads a book, sometimes the twists and turns surprise me. lol That's why I enjoy it.

I've piddled with it since my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), but language is an area that has really been affected.......so I haven't done it anywhere near the level I used to. I've been toying with the idea of starting up again........mother in law always did hope she'd read a book of mine in print. She won't of course......but well, yeah.

M

Mamaof5

Awesome! :)

I write for fun.........no nix that........I write for fun and because it's an addiction. (no one warned me it was addicting) I don't write like other writers normally do, which tended to really drive English teachers and professors nuts. I don't do outlines, I don't do character workups. Not that I don't have a pretty good idea of characters before I get started in my mind. But those develop while I'm writing, as does the plot often times. I write the way a person reads a book, sometimes the twists and turns surprise me. lol That's why I enjoy it.

I've piddled with it since my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), but language is an area that has really been affected.......so I haven't done it anywhere near the level I used to. I've been toying with the idea of starting up again........mother in law always did hope she'd read a book of mine in print. She won't of course......but well, yeah.

Join me then, just write. You and I are the same. I don't do outlines (normally, not unless it's a chapter serial book or a series like my Immortal Chronicles). Fallen never had an outline, neither a character build. Nor does These Chains.

I work backwards because I'm a visual person. I'm a graphics designer, I need a visual LOL

This is my third full novel I'm writing. I started with short stories and it just blossomed from there. My mom is reading the book as I'm writing it (These Chains) and my sister LOVES my serial chapter book (online by the way, hit me up if you want the link) and begs for more which I haven't been writing on for some time.

I'm 11337 into the 50 000 words for These Chains. Not bad for 7 days worth of work... lol I hope to publish this one with a publishing house. I have nothing but good feelings about this one. It's the first time I've felt...well this confident about a piece. No draft edits too, funny how that works. I need beta readers (like beta testers but for books) so anyone interested with a little time on their hands I can send a PDF of what I have currently.

TerryJ2

Neat! Congrats! Spooky, sad music. Sigh.
Keeping track of the word count would drive me nuts ... even more than doing an outline, lol!
Congrats again. :)

H

HaoZi

Outline? What is this outline you speak of? I have soundtracks, I have narrative poems, but outlines? Pffffft.

We can help you get there, Hound. Don't sweat the details of language, that's what editors are for, and you never know who you know that can edit well and do it for you. Self-publishing is very easy (and far cheaper!) these days than it used to be. Even I have a poetry collection in print, self-published, available as an ebook and in print.

M

Mamaof5

Oh, I have software that counts the words for me *lol* I use Scriviner to work with my manuscripts (they have an epub file extension for manuscripts too). Self publishing can actually be pretty much dirt cheap or completely free. I have a serial chapter novel I write online at wordpress...for free. It's just driving traffic there that can be a pain but I'm good at driving traffic (just not driving IN traffic).

Also I do copy editing, Hound is more than welcome to drop me pieces she needs copy edited. I'll even format for her and set up file extensions if she needs them. Some of the writers here SHOULD be writing full time, Star, Step, Hound, you HaoZi and Steely. So many of us...we should collaborate an anthology one day!

Oh and:

12,213 of 50,000 into Nano now...and only the 7th day! WOOT!!

M

Mamaof5

WOOT - another book trailer done for an old novel I am in third rounds of edits with: Fallen

[video=youtube_share;lEhYG_Pxq-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhYG_Pxq-8[/video]

Oh and I am now 15,548 out of 50,000 for NaNoWriMo :D that was 2524 words written tonight in one round! Biggest I've done so far!!! Holy jolly molly I'm on a creative kick lately!

TerryJ2

Ewwww! I didn't even click on it and won't be able to sleep!!! I, um, hope you sell a million. Or something. lol!
Do you have a program to do the trailers?
by the way, our therapist used your quote from Yoda today with-difficult child, when difficult child said he'd "try" to do something. ;)

M

Mamaof5

Ewwww! I didn't even click on it and won't be able to sleep!!! I, um, hope you sell a million. Or something. lol!
Do you have a program to do the trailers?
by the way, our therapist used your quote from Yoda today with-difficult child, when difficult child said he'd "try" to do something. ;)

lol, yeah I'm finding that quote from Yoda *everywhere* lately. That's a cool cool small world moment that is (holy cow cuds I'm channeling my main character from the nano book lmao)...

As for the Fallen trailer, not as bad as that preview picture looks I promise. Would a quick synopsis help any?

Fallen Synopsis:

A mans fate becomes intertwined with an ancient force from the past. She is hungry for the souls of those around him. When the demon turns on the woman he loves, he must find a way to save her and ultimately, himself.

TerryJ2

okay. He saves her, right? I feel better now. :tinfoilhatsmile:

Actually, I love some scary books. But not all. Sounds like this has a bit of a moral dilemma in it so I like that. :) Congrats!

M

Mamaof5

okay. He saves her, right? I feel better now. :tinfoilhatsmile:

Actually, I love some scary books. But not all. Sounds like this has a bit of a moral dilemma in it so I like that. :) Congrats!

*cough*hesavesher*cough*

Moral dilemma, most definitely in there :D Thank you and I didn't cough nothing...lol