Check out sex offenders in any neighborhood

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have seen a lot of sites, but this one seems to be the best so far with the most in depth information. I used a similar one to alert a neighbor to the fact that she was allowing her son and daughter to be babysat by a sex offender. I just folded up the picture and put it on her windshield without a note.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

stepmonster

Along time ago, there was a famous child abuse case called the "Fells Acre Daycare" case. This was the woman, her mother and brother that were accused, jailed and released. Well, the brother actually did alot of time.
When he got out of jail, he moved right next door to my best friend and her five kids. Yep, right next door!
He's not on this site.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, I'm just thrilled.

easy child and I live on parallel streets right next to each other. (she's right down the alley from me) I have one at the end of my street, AND she has one on the end of hers.

So much for the safety of a small town. We have I think it was 6 within the city limits alone. :nonono:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is gonna sound awful. But I just searched for my eldest brother who is supposed to be registered for life. He's not showing up either.

But then, I don't think he's bothered with registering for yrs now, and no one has come looking for him.

Makes me mad as h*ll. :grrr:

I am so glad I moved.

There were THREE offenders within a block in any direction of where I used to live (and I swear, it was just a regular ol' apartment).

Now, the closest one is over a mile away. And I still live in the same town.

OK, and you click to see what they look like. And some of these zeroes are smiling. What's up with that?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have been signed up for this for a few years now... they send me updates when new sleaze bags move near us.

I am sure it is not perfect... but it it tries to keep tabs on those that prey on kids.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Star,

I've kept an eye on our neighborhood since the tweedles have been placed with us.

I cringe at the update emails I receive from our police department but am grateful for that type of technology.

Star*

call 911........call 911
For those of you who have had to endure this my heart goes out to you.

I do believe that you can send them an email and report someone. I'll have to check and get back with you. I'm sure there are a lot of people who SHOULD be on this and aren't.

Just thought it was a helpful tool.