Cheeking it...

Cindijh

Do you guys have any tips or tricks to make sure the medicine goes down? My daughter has been cheeking her concerta. She says she wants to take it...so we're not forcing it on her but then she cheeks it and saves it up and takes several at a time. She has only been on it for a month and a half...but it has made a difference even though she hasn't been taking it the way she should. The dosage is very low (27 mgs). Any tips or tricks? I do stand there with her and talk to her afterwards although I have not actually done anything other than take a quick look in her mouth.

Cindi.....

slsh

member since 1999
We always just did what they do in the hospital - watch him take it, then he has to stick his tongue out/up/side-to-side and run it over upper and lower gums.

TerryJ2

We stand and watch our son take it. He didn't actually swallow it until 2 mo's ago so I'm not much help!
I feel for you. Really.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Swishing the water around around in the mouth helps. Make her swish it around so you can hear it and then swallow. Do this again after she supposedly swallowed it.