Chicago Reunion: Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

So, we have....

JJJ (with-husband, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger)

Mstang67chic (with-husband)

KTMom91 (with-husband and Miss KT)

Timer Lady

Wiped Out

and joining us during the days but not staying at the hotel

SLSH (with-Boo)

Cubsgirl

I know we had others that were trying to make it. Anyone else in?

KTMom91

We can't make it...had to buy a new car. Mine cost too much to fix. So, even though I am seriously bummed that we can't get there, I love my car. It's a 2011 Chevy Aveo, bright red, and it goes acceptably fast.

However, because we now have a car that can safely travel out of the county, we WILL be going to Vegas this fall when the West Coast contingent gets together!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I really wanted to. Really, really did. But it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Finances are just too tight, and too much going on with husband and the kids.

T

TeDo

I really want to. Really, really do. But it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Finances are just too tight, . . . .

Especially for those of us that are recently unemployed and fighting to get Unemployment Benefits. Just ain't gonna happen.

:crying:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I really wanted to. Really, really did. But it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Finances are just too tight, and too much going on with husband and the kids.

If you can swing the room, you're more than welcome to ride with us. YOu can park at my house.

BusynMember

Well, finances kind of ran down unexpectedly. Still may be able to come but won't know until the last minute. I am going to Chicago area July 21-25 (didn't plan on staying that long, but am having a reunion meeting with my son which will keep me there at the hotel at least two extra nights so it will cost more). I don't want to miss meeting with my son after five years. But I really want to come to Lisle too...don't know yet.

busywend

boohoo!! I want to come, too!

But, I have a wedding that weekend. Have a wonderful CD time!! I know you will! Will miss meeting some of you that I have not met before. : (

J

joneshockey

I wish I could make it, but Emily's surgery is on the 2nd and who knows when she will be freed from the hospital... plus school starts for me on Monday and boy, do I have my work cut out for me since I have been off since March!

T

TeDo

Any more info or plans with the Skype thing or whatever so some of the rest of us can "be there" remotely?

JJJ

It is THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone please post your estimated time of arrival at the hotel :)

JJJ -- arriving Friday lunchtime

mstang67chic

Going Green
I was hoping to get there around lunch time also but....

Not sure what husband's schedule is that day. His work has been even worse than normal with scheduling (he works retail) so I don't know what he's working for sure. I want to try to get him to call off but we'll see.

cubsgirl

I should be at the hotel in time for dinner with everyone and most of the day Saturday. I'm excited :)

cubsgirl

ARGH - I just realized i'm having a minor medical procedure on Friday the 5th and will have anesthesia. I cannot be there Friday but will be there for Saturday! Just please let me know what the plans are for Saturday and I'll make sure I'm there...still excited :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
I am so incredibly bummed. I've been planning on this all summer. I was just talking with husband and he said our finances are running really low:( We took 4 days off to protest this winter and unfortunately it is hitting us harder than we thought.

Wiped Out

Staff member
No longer bummed!! Thanks to a very kind friend on the board I now have a roommate for the weekend so we can share costs:) Thank you, Linda! :)

mstang67chic

Going Green
It seems that husband's manager has SOME heart. :sigh: He's allowed husband to get of at 2:30 tomorrow which, assuming he's out on time, will get him home around 3. Giving time for him to change, gather any last minute items, pet the dogs, etc....I figure we'll get out of here around 3:30-3:45 putting us at the hotel around 8. Not what I hoped for but earlier than I thought a couple of days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.