Chicago

JJJ

People seem really casual about what they want to do. Only 1 vote for downtown. I posted on the details thread to see when everyone is arriving so we can try and firm up some plans in jello :)

KTMom91

Jello shots! Do some jello shots in my honor! I am SO bummed that I can't go...really...but am thinking positive thought about taking Miss KT to Portland. We're rolling in the 25th at 8:30 am. Witz, we'd love to have dinner with you and your hubby...they can chat about electricity all evening. Miss KT wants to come along because she says you people are seriously cool :flirtysmile3: And you too, crazymama...I definitely want to meet you for reals!

And then...on to Seattle. Besides Underground Seattle, the Space Needle, and Pike's Place, and having a meal with Mom2oddson (I hope- I'd love to meet you!), what else should we do?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I really like the Skype idea. Between finances and what's been going on with the kids... :sigh: I can't even "afford" to ride with/bunk with someone.

The only place I've ever been in Chicago is O'Hare... I love the neon tunnel. But that's hardly sightseeing!!!

Cross fingers I win the lotto, then I'll just visit everyone individually. Including Marg and Esther and Malika... I can't remember anyone else far far away.

H

HaoZi

I'm with the Skype thing, too. Take some videos and send 'em to us on Skype. :)

T

TeDo

PLEASE someone do the Skype thing for some of us POOR (as in not a penny to star) people that don't have a fairy godmother to "transport" us anywhere we REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be. Is there anyone out there who will take pity on us?!? (Yes, I'm begging)

:please::please::please::please::please:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I don't know about downtown stuff ~ where's the museum of science & industry? I loved that place when I was a kid. Any art museums or gardens we can visit?

TerryJ2

Ohh, I would love to go back to the Museum of Science and Industry. That's a whole day right there.
Except that I'm not going to Chicago ...
Have a great time!
I hope I can get my easy child to help me learn Skype.

DammitJanet

Terry...go to skype.com. hit download. Make sure you have a webcam and microphone on your computer. Im sure you do considering you have a difficult child..lol.

Once its downloaded...follow directions to set it up as far as your name and all that. easy peasy. Then add me...I think you know my real name dont you? If so, its my first name dot last name. My location will come up as Richmond though because it asked hometown and I answered that as Richmond because I thought they wanted to know where I was born...lol. I think they wanted to know where I was located now...but tis okay. They should be more specific...lol. I can probably change it though. You will want to do all the tests though...it will check your microphone and the webcam to make sure its working...its really so easy.

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, I am on Skype -- that's how I talk to my difficult child in Australia. It's free, which I find amazing.

So -- yes, please count me in if you do a whole conference Skype thing. That way I could see some of you for real, and you could see me too. It would be lovely to "meet" some more of you.

And you know that you all -- that is, all the thousands of people on this board -- have an open invitation to come and visit, for real. After all, family is family!

Love, Esther

BusynMember

This is a good place to say that I can't make it. I would love to, but with hub's surgery and my vacation two weeks ago to Illinois that the money just isn't there.

I hope you have a great time and maybe do Chicago again soon :)

mstang67chic

Going Green
According to the hotel's website, there is a golf course 3/10 of a mile from them. I think husband is going to take his clubs.....anyone else?