Chicken recipes

crazymama30

So I have ended up with several frozen whole chickens. I am boiling 2, and still have 2 more in the freezer.

I have already made turkey and noodles from the leftover turkey.

I am thinking I will shred what I am cooking and will use it for chicken enchiladas, burritos, bbq chicken.

Any other ideas? I have a lot of bird!

H

HaoZi

Caesar salad, chicken salad, chicken nuggets/tenders for the kids, chicken tacos.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Combine a pound of orzo pasta, with a box size of chicken broth & about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless thighs cut into bite size pieces; add Italian spices or just basil depending on your fancy. Bring all the ingredients to a boil, then simmer until orzo is cooked through.

Add in a cup of frozen peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking. When all is said & done stir in shredded parmesan cheese (I usually add a cup or so). I serve this with Italian bread & a salad.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Another thing - throw one of those chickens in the crock pot with a quart or so of water (enough to cover all ingredients). Add in taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder to taste; add 1 lb dry pinto beans, & cook all day. I also throw in a small can of jalapeno peppers or fresh if I have some on hand. Shred the chicken & serve with tortillas, sour cream & shredded cheese.

Mom2oddson

KING RANCH CHICKEN

1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup pace picante sauce
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tbs chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cups cubed, cooked chicken or turkey
12 corn tortillas (6") cut in 1" pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix soup, picante, sour cream, chili powder, tomatoes and chicken
In 2-quart shallow baking dish arrange half the tortilla pieces. Top with half the chicken mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until hot. (can freeze uncooked and then thaw and bake later)

CHICKEN TETRAZZINI
12 oz spaghetti noodles
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1 1/2 cups onions diced
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroon
1 1/4 cup milk
3 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey

Cook spaghetti until al dente, drain. Saute onions. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. (at this point can bag up and freeze for another day)
Put in a baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees about 30-40 minutes. Can top with bread crumbs and more cheese.

Can you tell I had these recipes near by because of Thanksgiving?

KTMom91

Chicken pot pie, chicken marinara, chicken and dumplings, chicken and green chili quesadillas, chicken chili relleno casserole, chicken chili...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I had two whole chickens this week and made I don't know how many chicken quesadillas for the kids (they live on them, it seems). Chicken sandwiches, too. You can make a yummy lemon/garllic sauce to saute chicken meat and serve over pasta: heat about 2T olive oil and brown the meat, then add 1T chopped garlic, juice from 1 lemon, and about 1/4C dry white wine. Let the mixture cook down a bit, add salt/pepper to taste, then serve over pasta. I actually used this for mahi-mahi pieces I got from Trader Joe's and served it over fettucine with broccoli florets. easy child and I LOVED it. The boys ate some of the fish, but didn't care for the pasta. What can I say, they are kinda picky sometimes.