Chiropractic VS physical therapy----NEED ANSWERS PLEASE!!

DammitJanet

I use voltarin gel on my knees, ankles, lower back, shoulders and of course hands because they rub it in. I am not limited to just using it in one place only at a time. The gel is much better to me than the pills. I never found the pills to be much use. I get 5 tubes a month and they work well. They smell quite nice too. Sometimes Tony and I rub each other before bed.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jo, lol about the soul mates issue because you didn't have a migraine! Love it!

Feel better!

That was Susie! Lol. Terry, my surgery was January 9th, my back went out on the 31st, just as I was beginning to feel good and looking forward to PT on my knee. It's not fair. My back is still out and I'm hoping to get into the chiros office today and tomorrow again. I'd really like to get the back bs cleared up so I can devote more time to my knee rehab.

DammitJanet

Yes voltaren gel requires a script but it is magic to me. It is much better than anything like bengay or one of those dumb OTC rubs. Those things are worthless.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet have you ever tried the thermacare patches? They're supposed to be good. I know coupons for them are easy to get making them very cheap to buy with the right sales. I have a box full of them I bought for about a buck each for various ones. Now if I could just remember to use them when I'm sore from working out.............. lol

DammitJanet

Yeah....they are okay when I have to be in the car for extended periods of time. Otherwise I just use the gel on my joints and that works pretty good. We do have to remember that I get the shots every 3 months plus I am on oxycontin 30 mgs twice a day, 10 mgs lorcet as needed for breakthrough pain, neurontin 600 mgs twice a day,600 mgs topamax, 400 mgs lamictal, 3 mgs xanax extended release, 10 mgs ambien, .25 micrograms synthroid, 10 mgs lipitor, 8 mgs zanaflax a day, 50,000 units Vitamin D3 weekly, Calcium daily and last but not least a tablespoon of lactulose nightly. Oh...also the voltaren gel...lmao.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HNR -

Im sorry to hear you are still in pain. My thought - after recently watching DF go through the surgery was that once they fixed his knee? His hip hurt so badly he couldn't hardly breath. I thought it was odd until I watched him in PT one day. See your knee, his knee - have been cocked THAT way - and should have been THIS way. They've been THAT way for so long that his hip and possibly YOUR back - had adjusted to the way that your body got around on how your knee was. NOW that it's been replaced and more or less realigned correctly? The back is out of whack and having to be realigned also. Muscles are stretching, ligaments are being pulled....and I would imagine very painful. Things are going back into place that have been out of place for years.

I like the pain management idea - because no matter chiro or PT - Unless you are a super tough SOB - no one is working through this kind of pain (one of the worst I'm told) to fix the knee - while your back is whacked. I think you need a little help...and I like the idea of relaxing. Right now too - you need to realize - What you can't get to? Is NOT that important to stress yourself out over. I would corral some friends or just fughaddaboudit - You can join my club if you wish - It's the I gave up on taking care of being super anal about my house bcause I have better things to do with my time - club. And I'm too old to worry if dog hair is on my black sweater, but I'll pick it off my blazer mkay?

Hugs & Love
Star

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yeah, Star, I have no choice but to join that club of yours!

I think you're right about my back compensating. Also, however, I was taking celebrex for a few months prior to the surgery and that entire time, my back didn't go out!

Anyway, now that my back is feeling a bit better, I have to be careful not to do too much. I have to close my eyes to the nightmare that my house has become and LET.IT.GO.

xo, thanks Star, how are YOU doing?