Christimas comes early to the village

Malika

Glad to have contributed to your education, Star :) And you have contributed to mine by saying that you don't say "Happy Christmas" in the States. Good lord! What a very bizarre people you are (iron-y).
I am Muslim... in name only. To adopt in Morocco, as in all Muslim countries, one has to "convert" to Islam. However, as this consists only of repeating a phrase in Arabic in front of a court official (for a fee, of course) - "There is no God but God and Mohammed is his prophet" - and as I can square that with my sense of things, I was able to do it without feeling like a TOTAL hypocrite (just a semi one). And here is another interesting fact for you all - adoption is not legal in Morocco or in any Muslim country and does not exist there. It is banned in the Koran - the idea being that one can never override a child's original filiation or "blood". And so... what I have of J is actually legal guardianship, not full adoption as we understand it in the west. France does not accept this as adoption and the status of these "semi-adopted" Moroccan and Algerian children in France is problematic. You wouldn't want to know all the details! :) We are here perfectly legally, although that took some doing, but J has only Moroccan nationality which of course is a pain in terms of visas and so on. After five years living in France one can apply for French nationality...
Be thankful you don't face those particular hurdles, I suppose. And HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!

DammitJanet

Well no wonder people come here on visa's or even not on visa's but illegally, just to have a baby so the baby can have American citizenship or at least dual citizenship, which would make things far easier concerning all those visa's when they are older. Should that child ever want to come enter the US as an adult, they actually have all rights to do so having been born here.

DDD

The reindeer are females......Wow! Amazing what you learn around this joint, lol. DDD

PS: "Maybe" that is why they give underwear and socks an stuff. Sounds a little bit like what a female would think makes sense.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Malika - I continue to learn -----and WOW.

D3- ROFLMHainesOff - (play on words there) Get it - snort-----reindeer sleigh harness an all.....Oh stiffle yourself Star.