Christmas tree photos....want to share with me?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ohhhh, preeeeeetty! We have our tree up and I put the lights on it.....three days ago. I just haven't gotten around to decorating it yet. Hopefully I will later today and I'll add my own picture. I may even include a shot of what I did to the front window. (which has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas) ;)

JJJ

Great tree Linda! I'd love to show you our tree but that is beyond my technological skills LOL. I will see if I can get husband to do it.

trinityroyal

Linda, your tree is lovely.

The picture is a bit blurry. Blame that on the fact that I haven't had my first cup of tea yet, so I'm woefully undercaffeinated.

Kathy813

Staff member
What a great idea, Linda. I've seen this done on another forum and it was so much fun to see how people decorate for Christmas.

difficult child wanted me to use white lights on the tree this year but I told her it was a "tradition" to use colored lights. It reminds me of my childhood tree.

~Kathy

Last edited:

mstang67chic

Going Green
We got our decorated, finally!

And of course AFTER I got the lights on, I found the wide tree decorating ribbon at Walmart on clearance. It was really neat though because it had LED lights run through it.....very pretty. I thought about getting some for next year but we have a much more casual tree than one that would look good with that kind of ribbon. LOL

Kathy813

Staff member
Stang,

Are those large bulbs or is it just the reflection that I am seeing? My parents always used the large colored bulbs and I always thought they were so pretty.

Everyone's trees are so pretty! I want to see more . . .

~Kathy

mstang67chic

Going Green
No they are just the regular lights. I remember those big ones from when I was a kid but haven't seen any like that in years. My friend got some for outside but they aren't the same at all. They are about the same size and shape but they are LED or something.

LittleDudesMom

I'm kinda not with it this evening - our tree is my avatar! I was getting ready to upload a picture of it on photobucket, then realized it's right here for everyone to see - kinda small picture, but you get the general idea!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I love seeing all the beautifully decorated trees ~ thank you so much for sharing this with me. Like Kathy, I want to see more.....(I'm greedy this year)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm really enjoying these. Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I love all the decorated trees and the like.

One of the museums in Chicago does an annual "Christmas Around the World" display which consists of traditionally decorated trees from all over the world. Not only are they gorgeous, but they also provide a real insight to how other cultures celebrate and what goes into that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well......I suppose I finally feel comfortable enough to finally share my home with you all.

It's a great hall..... somewhere. :tongue:

Kathy813

Staff member
Gee, Star, I didn't know that you lived in the Biltmore house. I must have missed you when I went on the tour.

:rofl:

Merry Christmas!

~Kathy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kathy - I think I see a Donkey on one of those Stockings ????

Ahhh Biltmore house? lol (giggle, giggle, giggle) :tongue: - where do you think THEY got their ideas from? Snicker?

Yes it's Biltmore - some day I'll get there too.

Kathy813

Staff member
Star, you need to go at Christmas time. The candlelight tour is absolutely breathtaking. It's hard to imagine wealth like that. That huge mansion was built for a family of three!

Come to think about it . . . I do think that there was a donkey motif in one of the rooms.

~Kathy