Christmas (un) drama from the broom closet.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We asked Two Brooms to have Christmas on a day other than Christmas this year so cgfg would have more time to spend at all the Christmases she goes to, and so we wouldn't have to try to rush around, cause my rush button is a little broken this year.

She readily agreed. We tried for Christmas eve, but husband's sister 'already had plans'. Odd, since her son is gone and she's not dating anyone, but whatever. So it was decided Tuesday eve after Christmas, because thats when we'll have cgfg. And easy child 1 and his girlfriend will be here then, too. Cool!

I made arrangements with cgfg's mom. Turns out it will work well for everyone. Cgfg will be here Christmas eve for the day, we will open our gifts, then she'll go back to her mom's that night. Then we'll pick her up Tuesday and she'll be here all the next week. Everyone was happy.

husband's sister told me Sunday that she has since volunteered to work all next week, so may or may not be at Christmas on Tuesday. Guess I was supposed to feel bad. I don't.

Two Brooms called today. Seems nephew (husband's sister's kid) may now be coming home for Christmas day. husband's sister now wants us to change our plans, get cgfg for Christmas Eve night, and have Christmas then, since nephew will be home, so we can all be together, etc. ARGH!

If you remember, all holidays last year we're held for nephew, around her schedule, because it was his "last Christmas" and he would 'probably be gone from then on'. He's been home 4 times so far since leaving for the air force in July. He was here for thanksgiving (which they had without me and expected husband and the kids to attend on the day of my second surgery!!!!).

I just said no. We bent over backwards for sister and nephew for a year, we had a big gift for the kids that we wanted to be home for, and she refused to bend about it (and we went out there), we are tring to work with husband's ex for cgfg, and IF nephew comes home, he'll be here for 12 hours, to be split between 3 families. And not for nothing, sister didn't seem to care much about being together, being she volunteered to work. So, no, not changing.

Two Brooms wasn't angry at all. she said I'm right. If nephew comes, those available can get together. Otherwise, we'll have christmas tuesday with or without sister. Holy cow! Who is this woman!!!!!

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
It sounds to me like the Gpa/Dad who was impressed by you earlier in the year when you were honest with him about the nephew's problems (not sure which nephew is which but the nephew who tried to use your son's name when he got into legal trouble) and he is having quite an influence as to the broom closet behavior toward you.

This year is the year where YOU get to pick and choose what your family does and does not do so that it will be as unstressful as possible for you!

Many hugs!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Susie - that's the nephew! I have 3, but the other 2 haven't even made "honorable mention" in the difficult child world. I hope you're right. It sure is nice to think about it. We can open gifts on Christmas eve when the kids get up and they can play for hours. Cgfg wont be stuffed with 4 Chrismas day meals. Two Brooms won't be offended because cgfg doesn't eat her food. Wee won't have to be torn from one place of chaos to the next. Christmas day, Santa will come and wee can build legos all day long. husband and I are planning to do the things we'd planned for Thanksgiving weekend (well, he'll do...I'll direct. lol). And easy child 1 and his girlfriend will be a part of broom closet Christmas again, which i'm looking forward to...its hard to spend every single Christmas with a family that wouldn't bend at all ever to have my kids involved easy child 1 and his girlfriend haven't been involved for 4 or 5 years because of when its held in the past. We finally had thanksgiving scheulded to have them included and I was in the hospital, but even two brooms enjoyed having them back. I'm looking forward to it.

DammitJanet

Me thinks you having surgery has made a few people rethink priorities. Maybe not all because thats just not who they are because some folks are just built that way, but some folks can have revelations.