Church plans to raffle semi-automatic assault weapon to teens

susiestar

Roll With It
There is a LOT of pressure here in OK for this church to STOP this. I have a feeling that they are crazy and dumb enough to continue. I think it is nuts. And I live in OK. We are not all crazy. I promise. Though I might not be the best example of sane.

DammitJanet

Wow...

My family owns guns but we would have no use for this type of weapon. Ok, maybe Jamie would in the military..and if someone hurts him in Iraq I may wish I could get one to go over and perform my own brand of hunting...but this does seem really stupid.

Is it even legal for anyone under the age of 18 to own an assault rifle? I dont think so. I know when we got a 30 30, there had to be an FBI background check and so on. I dont think just any teen could walk into a store and buy one. Im not even real sure about shotguns. I think you have to be 18 to buy anything even ammo. Now oddly enough you can get a hunting license at 16 but I guess they assume you are going with someone and using a family gun.

I would be so extremely upset if someone gave this as a door prize to anyone in my family, much less someone under 18.

KTMom91

There has to be a more appropriate prize for teenagers...and if they want to spend big bucks, get a Wii system. I don't understand the logic here at all.